"He's my father..."- chapter 30?

Alissa's PoV
We walked down the steps to the main part of the institute. I gasped, the party looked amazing. I watched as Clary walked towards the food and drinks table, as usual. I looked around admiring how breath taking the place looked.

"Alissa?" I voice said behind me, I turned around to see Alec wearing a blue tux. He walked up to me and bent down kissing my lips. My stomach kept fluttering, this moment was perfect. But the perfect moment was ruined as someone cleared their throat.

"So... is the man who stole my little girls heart? You must be Alec." Valentine said as Alec looked slightly nervous.

"Yes sir, your daughter is amazing I must add." Alec smiled as he shook hands with Valentine. He's such a gentleman!

"please call me Val. Annalise didn't want me to meet you thinking I would be an embarrassment" Valentine said as I rolled my eyes. Typical fathers.

"Okay, right it was a pleasure to meet you Alec, I'll leave you two be." Valentine laughed and he walked towards an annoyed looking Jace and Clary. Well I guess they'll sort their problems out.

"So... Alissa do you wanna dance?" Alec asked nervously as a slow song started. I nodded my head, pulling him towards the dance pull. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms my waist, dancing in sync. I looked around the room looking for Magnus, but he was no where to be seen.

"Alissa? Are you okay? You seem distracted today." Alec asked concerned. I just sighed.

"Yeah, I've just got a lot on my mind. I have this assignment due in a few days that I haven't even started yet." I lied using the excuse Clary used this morning. Suddenly I spotted Magnus and Clary trying to grab my attention "Erm... Do you need a drink? I think you do, can you please get us some drinks please?" I say pushing him off the dance floor. Once he was out of my view, I ran over quickly over to Magnus and Clary.

"Right let's go." I say as Clary grabbed Magnus's hand and we walked to a secret door to enter the sub-basement.

"What are we even looking for?" I asked, looking at a statue.

"I'll know when I see it." Magnus said looking around. Boy have we got a lot to look through.

"Not to be pessimistic, but what if this doesn't work?" I asked as Magnus grabbed my arm.

"It will biscuit, I can feel." He said reassuringly. I gave him a smile until I heard someone walking down the steps. Jace. Oh god. Clary gasped and stepped back away from Magnus,

"You know, if you were having second thoughts about us, you could have told me. Instead of coming down here and hooking up with some random guy." Jace said angry.

"Jace this isn't exactly a good time." I sighed as Jace looked at me in surprise.

"Really, Alissa? You too? Don't tell me you're both screwing the same guy. What do you think Alec will say when I tell him?" Jace said then turned back to Clary "You know what Clary. Never call me again. And I'll sure Alec will feel the same way."  He went to walk away but suddenly a demon appeared in front of him. I pushed Jace out of the way and kicked the demon hard against a pile of boxes.

"What the hell was that!" Jace shouted.

"Let's go." Clary Said and grabbed Jaces hand, running to another area of the basement. I looked back at Clary, concerned as Jace started shaking with fear.

"It's okay. It's okay." Clary said trying to calm him down and shushing. Suddenly there was a sound like energy pulsating and Jace's facial expression changed. Did Jace just enter this dimension?