"The cup?"- chapter 19 ?

Alissa's PoV
"Hey Izzy I..." I said as I walked into Izzy's room "Woah..." I looked at her. She wore a dress that went well over her knees, exposing to little or to no skin. Well that's new.

"Izzy no offence but... what are you wearing. You've never worn anything like that before. Are you okay?" I said to her. She sighed and put some of her clothes into a truck along with a picture of Meliorn. Okay now she's really creeping me out. She walked out of the room, ignoring me.

"Alec?... Alec!" Robert shouted knocking on Alec's door. He noticed us and looked weirdly at Izzy. "Is everything okay?"

"I asked her the same thing" I said, giving her a look.

"Better then ever." Izzy smiled. But Robert didn't look convinced.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" He asked her concerned.

"No, all good." Izzy said shrugging.

"Have you seen Alec?" Robert asked me. I raised an eyebrow at him, why did he ask me?

"Erm no, not since last night. why?" I said to him, kinda lying. I saw him sneak out of the institute after Magnus rang him asking for his help with Luke's wounds. I still haven't seen him since then though.

"He was supposed to fill out the incident reports for all the recent demonic activity." Robert sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Me and Alissa can do it" Izzy said to him, but he just shook his head.

"I know you can, but the Clave..." Robert started but Izzy rolled her eyes and interrupted him.

"Will be fine getting it from us." She smiled. Robert looked at us, debating with himself if he should let us do it or not.

"Oh course they will." He smiled, nodding his head. "I'll let your mother know that you and Alissa are gonna handle this. I'm sure she will be very glad to hear it." I watched as Izzy smile dropped slightly.

"Thanks. Dad" Izzy smiled as she pulled my hand to walk away. We walked into the control room and I started tapping in all the different areas in the city and Izzy started writing down all the demonic activity in each zone, as Alec finally walked in.

"Hey Alec. Where've you been?" I asked him, my eyes not leaving the screen.

"I was outside all night. I was on patrol." Alec said, I can't believe he just lied to me.

"Really?" I muttered annoyed. Knowing he left the institute to help Magnus tend to Luke's wounds.

"What?" He asked, eyeing me carefully.

"Nothing I believe you..." I sighed, my eyes still not leaving the screen.

"Alissa..." He started but I turned to him, giving him a look. "Okay fine. I went to Magnus's to help him with Luke's wounds"

"Thanks for finally telling me the truth" I smirked at him as his eyes went wide.

'Wait... you knew?" Alec said in disbelief

"Yep, I heard you on the phone to Magnus and saw you sneak out the institute" I said simply as he looked at his shoes guilty. "Could of at least told me you were leaving" I turned my attention back to the screen.

"Hey, You were exhausted." He said grabbing my hand as I sighed but said nothing "Woah, Izzy? What happened to you?" He asked as he looked at what Izzy was wearing.

"5 words, I broke up with Meliorn" She said emotionlessly, shrugging her shoulders

"Really? Turning over a new leaf?" Alec teased as I gave him a look to shut up.

"He was a bit much" Izzy scoffed. "Apparently I need someone more Shadowhunter-ish" huh? What is Izzy even taking about?

"Izzy... you can't change yourself" Alec said as I finally finished the last demonic activity report of the day and turned to face the two Lightwood siblings that were frowning at each other.

"Really? And you can?" Izzy scowled.

"I know who I am" Alec said "and I'm about to be disowned by dad when he finds out that Jace and Clary are still out there doing god knows what." He sighed.

"I think dad's used to it now" Isabelle rolled her eyes 'This is Jace we are talking about."

"He said they'd only be an hour. It's been three." Alec said annoyed as Izzy gasped.

"You don't think, Jace and Clary are..." Izzy said as my eyes widen and I groaned loudly.

"Izzy! Ew no. I did not just hear that" I said grossed out as Alec laughed slightly at my reaction.

"At a time like this? Not possible." Alec said as he shook his head. I flinched slightly as Izzy's phone started ringing.

"Hello... Jace? You need us. where are you... the police station, how did you end up there? Okay... we'll be there in 10 minutes" Izzy said on the phone then hung up, sighing "Jace and Clary need us at the police station. Get ready." I walked to my room and changed my clothes and tied my hair up, I walked to the weapons room seeing them there already.

"Okay let's go." Alec said as he handed me my blade and then we walked out of the institute...

A few minutes later...
"Did somebody call for backup? Izzy chuckled as we approached them.

"Yeah, What took you guys so long?" Jace asked, tapping his feet on the floor.

"Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing" Alec scowled Jace as he sighed.

"It's complicated..."
"We found the cup." Clary said simply, Making my eyes go wide. What did she just say?

"Wait, the cup? As in the Mortal cup?" Izzy said in disbelief.

"Yeah but... But then we lost it." Clary muttered. "We have to sneak back into the precinct to get it." I watched as Alec sighed and put his face in his hands

"This is a disaster." He scoffed, while Jace chuckled slightly.

"Demon pox is a disaster. This is a convenience, a minor set back. We just need a plan that's all." Jace said to Alec.

"What about a glamour?' I suggested.

'We tried that. Anyone working with Valentine in there will see right through it." Jace sighed.

"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us inside?" Clary asked

"No." Me and Alec said, disagreeing with Clary. I looked up at Alec, raising an eyebrow at him.

"That would be awkward." Izzy muttered but gasped, immediately regretting saying it and looked at me then Alec. "I mean... Magnus can only portal us to places he's been to before."

"Okay... follow my lead" Jace said to us but then turned back around to face Clary. "Oh and don't worry, in my plan. No one gets slapped." He muttered as Clary rolled her eyes and we all walked into the police station...