"A blood bond..."- S2 Chapter 19 ⏱

Alissa's PoV
Jace and I walked past the Jade wolf and walked into the shed where Simon and Clary were. I looked up to see them making out in one of the canoes, I then frowned as Simon's top hit my face. So Jace walked over to one of the boats and hit the horn, scaring them.

"Alissa? Jace... hi." Simon chuckled nervously.

"What the hell are you doing? I... You know what? Don't answer that." Jace said as Clary sighed and jumped down from the canoe.

"Jace it's okay, I'm safe here." Clary assured Jace as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Next time, watch where you throw your t-shirt and please lock the door before you decide to do... that." I scowled before throwing Simon his T-shirt back.

"Until Valentine stops hunting you both, the only place that you and Alissa are safe is the Institute." Jace said, crossing his arms.

"Really? I'm not sure you actually know how hiding works. The whole point is to, um, not be where everyone thinks you are. Trust me, I'm kind of an expert." Simon explained making Jace roll his eyes this time.

"For an expert, you were pretty easy to find. Just be thankful I got to you before the Circle did." Jace scoffed as he looked at Clary, then me.

"I'm not afraid of them. I've been working on my fighting skills." Simon smiled as Jace scoffed.

''Oh, Really? You wanna take this outside and give these fight skills a test run?" Jace frowned, pointing his finger towards the door.

"Anytime." Simon said, heading towards the door but stopped and turned back to face us. "As soon as the sun goes down."

"Guys, stop acting like alpha males! We can handle our..." I stopped speaking and yelled as my hand starting throbbing, a black like burn was forming up my hand.

"What the hell?" Clary shouted as I looked to see that burns were also forming up her hand too.

"What's wrong?" Simon asked as he looked down at Clary's burnt hand.

"I don't know, it's my fingers they are burning." I gasped as I started to breath heavily, the starting to get unbearable.

"What is that?" Simon asked as he looked down at Clary's hand then Jace turned to face me to look at my burned fingers, his eyes full of worry.

Later on...
We rushed inside Magnus's loft, panicking as the burns spread across mine and Clary's hand. I saw Alec look up at me confused from his seat in the living room. I heard Magnus sigh loudly but then walked into the living room.

"Don't you people have phones?" Magnus sighed but rushed over as he saw the painful and worried look on our faces.

"We need your help." Jace said as we walked quickly over to them, Magnus looked worried as he looked down at Mine and Clary's burnt hands.

"Is that a burn? What happened?" Alec gasped as he rushed over and led me to sit down on one of Magnus's couch. Magnus sat down in front of me and wrapped his magic around my burnt hand.

"La Chair Brulee..." Magnus said worriedly.

"I'm guessing that's not a dessert." I laughed nervously trying to lighten up the mood.

"It means 'the burnt flesh' it's an old blood oath spell." Magnus explained.

"Then it must be Iris." Alec sighed looking down at me. "She said you both owed her a favour."