"Ragnor Fell..."- chapter 35 ?

Alissa's PoV
We both ran through the tree line and towards Ragnor Fells house. However as we got to the door, we noticed that the door was wide open. Clary and I looked at each other as we pulled our blades out.

"Ragnor?" I shouted but no one answered. "Hello, Ragnor... is anybody home?" Hmm. Strange.

"We need your help... Ragnor, We know you're here. We just need to find our friends." Clary Said as we heard a clicking noise. I gasped and turned to face the painting. But I smirked as I saw the eyes move.

"Oh, nice try, Ragnor." I Sighed as I shook my head at his bad hiding skills and pulled Ragnor out of the painting, on to the floor.

"Well done... Annalise Fairchild, and your sister, Clary too. I've been expecting you. You both have Jocelyn talents, I see. Only a true artist would notice the subtle changes in my eyes." Ragnor Said then turned his back on us. "Yes I know, I need to work on not moving my eyes. You don't need to remind me." what the... Is he seeing things?

"Wait, you knew our mother?" Clary asked him. "So... you made the potion that put her to sleep?'

"At her request, yes. And I knew it was only a matter of time before you both came to me looking for the antidote. Please sit." Ragnor Said gesturing towards the bench.

"Our friends, Jace Wayland And Magnus Bane, they were with us but we lost them in the fire." I said as I sat down next to Clary

"Let me do this my way." Ragnor shouted at the empty chair but then looked at me. "Your friends, are they true?"

"Magnus said he's known you for centuries. He sent you a fire message." I say but he glared at the other empty seat on the right, next to me. Okay, What is going on?

"This is not an act. It is not an act! It is essential." Ragnor hissed, I tried to take a deep breath to calm but I lost my patience and stood up, hands on my hips.

"Okay What is your deal? Our friends are missing and if you can't help us, I will find someone who can." I shouted as I went to walk away.

"What is it worth to you both?" Ragnor asked, making me stop and turn back to him slowly. I thought for a second, thinking of what we could give him.

"If you find our friends and wake our mother... I'll give you anything." I smirked knowing he will take the deal.

"Now, that's what I wanted to hear." Ragnor smiled as he clicked his fingers. Jace and Magnus appeared on the once empty chairs.

"Honestly, Ragnor. Was that nonsense necessary?" Magnus said as he rubbed his wrist.

"of course. Annalise offered me anything. You were only up to a timeshare of your flat in Paris. Yawn." Ragnor Said as Magnus rolled his eyes.

"All right enough with the warlock games." Clary complained. "Can you really wake our mother?"

"Not without the book of the white." Ragnor Said, simply.

"What is the book of the white?" Jace asked, slightly annoyed as he tugged his hands out of the restraints.

"it's an ancient book of warlock magic. Containing Spells more powerful then... most warlocks could ever imagine." Magnus said patting Ragnor on the back as he walked past.

"I possessed the book when your mother came to me, and I used it's contents to create the potion. Regrettably, I no longer have the book. I asked Jocelyn to hide it so that Valentine might never find it." Ragnor explained