"Nepilim..."- chapter 23 ?

Alissa's PoV.
"Maryse" Lydia said walking away from Alec and I as she spotted her walking into the room. "The Clave has ordered me to take temporary control of the Institute." She faked smiled. Ugh I'm getting bad vibes off her already.

"Wait a minute, nobody informed us." Maryse said tensed as she and Izzy walked down the steps.

"The Clave doesn't need to. And, to repeat myself, it's temporary." Lydia scoffed as she walked up to a screen "Nothing's been decided yet. But I do need full clearance in order to assess how this institute is running. Now... Where is Clary and Annalise Fairchild? I hope someone here knows." Maryse quickly gave me look telling me to step forward, which I did. Lydia looked me up and down raising an eyebrow.

'Erm, I'm Annalise... My sister. She's erm... in the field, training." I fake smiled making Lydia sigh.

"Huh, Why didn't you go with her?" She asked, immediately suspicious.

"I've had more training then herand plus Alec's my trainer. Now, Why do I have to explain myself to you?" I scoffed as Alec chuckled but coughed, trying to mask it, She looked at me in disbelief.

"You're telling me... she's just. Out and about in the streets of New York? One of Valentines daughters." She said annoyed turning back to Maryse.

"I'm right here you know." I said raising a hand in the air. "Can you not like, talk about me like that, as if I wasn't here." Who cares if I'm being rude. I don't give a damn anymore."

"Wait, isn't Alissa and Clary your cousins?" Izzy said crossing her arms and Lydia groaned.

"Wait... I'm related to... that?" I whispered to Alec, looking her up and down. Honestly, I don't care if I'm being very rude right now.

"Distant." She sneered "We're distant cousins." She corrected, rolling her eyes.

"Trust me, I don't wanna be related to you either." I whispered thinking Alec could only hear, but she turned to me frowning. I just glared back at her.

"She's with Jace." Alec said still slightly smiling at my last comment. Lydia just scoffed again.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against the vampires?" She said as we all glared at her. "I've read reports"

"Jace might be unconventional, but he's our best solider. If he's with Clary then she's in good hands." Maryse said sternly.

"I hope so." Lydia fake smiled "and for your sake, all of New York. All of your jurisdiction better be well protected." She warned everyone. Ugh I hate this women, can't she just go and leave us alone? I watched in disgust as she eventually walked away with Maryse. Finally some peace and quiet.

"I don't like her." I simply stated as Alec chuckled.

'Jealous much?" He smirked as I glared at him. What is there to be jealous of?

"No..." I mumbled until my phone rang, it was a text from Luke. "Maybe, But how the hell did she catch that arrow? She couldn't of done that..."

"Alissa?" Alec said to me as I stopped mid sentence and gawked at the picture Luke just sent me. "What is it?"

"What the hell is this?" I demanded and handed him my phone. He also looked down at the phone in disbelief. He immediately walked away from me without saying a word still holding my phone in his hands so I just followed him.