Save the Children

Allison: 17
Dean: 26
Sam: 23

     "Is there anything?" Allison asks, lifting a fork of fried eggs to her mouth. Sam looks to his computer and then to Dean.
     "Well, there is one job," he says.
     "What is it?" Dean asks as he flags the waitress down for more coffee.
     "It's in St. Albans, Vermont. A bunch of kids have gone missing over the past month...Six so far." Sam looks up at his siblings and they nod at him to continue.
     "The town installed a curfew and a buddy system but it didn't help; two have gone missing right from their beds," Sam mutters.
     "Jesus." Dean exhales. "Like all kinds of kids or just little tikes? What's this freak's type?"
     "The ages range from 5 to 18 and race doesn't seem to matter. Gender though..." Sam's brow furrows and he looks to Dean.
     "What?" Dean says, taking a bite of bacon.
     "So far two boys and four girls have been taken," Sam says succinctly.
     "So, this thing likes little girls and can settle for some boys...nice." Dean sips his coffee and the brothers share a glance.
     "Maybe Bobby can take this one," Sam says, starting to dial up Bobby.
     "Why?" Allison asks, annoyed.
     "Did you happen to hear who the victims are?" Dean remarks, looking to his little sister beside him.
     "So? I'm barely a kid—" she starts.
     "It doesn't matter. It picked up some 18 year old, Al," Sam says with a grimace.
     "But I'm not some random teenager—I'm a hunter," Allison says.
     "There is no way in hell you're working this case." Dean gives her a stern look.
     "We haven't had a job since Lumberton and I'm bored out of my mind. Can we at least check it out?" Allison whines.
     "Fine and then you'll stay in the car." Dean grins at her.
     "No. I'll hunt, because I'm a hunter. Besides, you guys might need bait," Allison says, taking a sip of her orange juice.
     "No way. Me and Sam will do all of the dirty work...but you can help, I guess," Dean mutters.
     "Fine. Let's go," Allison says with a smile.

*******************************************

    "This is the family of the most recent victim. Her name's Kara; 7 years old." Sam winces as he reads and Dean pulls the car into the family's driveway.
     The Winchesters, in formal attire, walk up to the front stoop and Sam steps forward to knock on the door. A pretty woman with dark blonde hair answers; her eyes say that she has been crying.
     "Hello. Can I help you?" She asks and a well-built man with a receding hairline comes up from behind her to see who is at the door.
     "Yes. Mrs. Turner, I presume? We're with the FBI and we have just a few questions for you," Sam says with a warm smile. "We hope it's not too much of a bother," Sam says as Allison nods and Dean shows the couple his badge.
     "Oh, please. Come in," she says and opens the door fully. They all sit down in the Turner's living room and Mr. Turner puts a comforting arm around his wife.
     "I know you may have already talked to some of my colleagues but we have a few clarifying questions." Sam smiles politely.
     "Go ahead," Mr. Turner says.
     "So, when Kara got home from school on Tuesday, did anything seem different or odd?" Sam says.
     "With Kara?" Mrs. Turner asks.
     "Anything out of the norm. The house, her friends, herself," Dean says.
     "No, not really. Everything was fine. We tucked her into bed and then in the morning she was gone," Mr. Turner says and his wife shudders.
     "Our son, Finn, said that he heard her talking to a 'monster' late at night—" Mrs. Turner says.
     "But that's nonsense. Finn has been having a rough time of it," Mr. Turner says.
     "It's true. His stutter has come back since Kara went missing. It's probably from all of the stress. He claims that we need to move because the monster will come back," Mrs. Turner says sadly.
     "He's looking for an explanation that's not there," Mr. Turner says.
     "Yet," Sam says with a comforting smile.
     "How old is Finn?" Dean asks.
     "Seventeen. Too old to believe in monsters. That's why it's so odd. Hopefully once the police get to the bottom of this he'll understand that it's just a person doing this. A terrible person." Mr. Turner scowls.
     As her brothers continue questioning the Turners, Allison starts looking around the house and heads up the stairs. She looks in the room on her left and sees a handsome dirty blond, sitting at a desk. She knocks on the door and he looks up.
     "Hello. I'm with the FBI. I'm here to ask you a few questions," Allison says.
     "You seem yuh-young," he says, turning his chair around.
     "I'm an intern," Allison lies.
     "Oh. Well. I d-don't really feel like it. You'd   pr-pruh-probably juh-just laugh anyways," Finn says.
     "I've heard a lot of things, Finn," Allison says. "I'm Allison, by the way."
     "Nice t-to meet yuh-you." He sighs, not really meaning it. "I'm a m-man of few wuh-words, because I c-can't ruh-really tuh-tuh-talk right. So I'll kee-keep it quick." Allison smiles at his joke and he continues.
     "My suh-sister was t-taken by a monster. So were all of the other ki-kids," Finn says seriously. "I'm not stu-stupid and t-two nights ago I wuh-would've swuh-sworn monsters weren't ruh-real...but n-now..." Finn sighs, white as a ghost.
     "You don't have to go into it. I believe you," Allison says.
     "Why?" He asks, bewildered.
     "Me and my brothers...kill monsters. It's like the family business," Allison says, tucking a stray piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.
     "Wow," Finn says. "So yuh-you're a liar?" He grins.
     "Totally and I'm pretty good at it too," Allison says and Finn chuckles. "But I'm also good at the rest of the job. We're gonna find your sister, Finn," Allison says and smiles at him. His light hazel eyes meet her green ones and the two teenagers share a moment until Dean walks in the room.
     "You must be Finn."

*******************************************

     "I really don't know why you did that, Dean!" Allison says, storming out of the house after her brothers.
     "It was funny!" Dean laughs. "I just wanted him to know what he was getting into."
     "Did you really have to bring up that every year ages 9-12 I ate all my Halloween candy in one sitting?" Allison groans and Sam laughs. "And the picture too. Really, Dean?"
"The kid needed a laugh. Just forget about it." Dean grins at her.
     "Ass—"
     "I don't know about you but we're trying to work a case, little miss professional hunter," Dean says as they get in the car. "At least we have a lead. Finn said that even though the room was dark he could see that the monster was wearing what looked like a police uniform."
     "That'd make sense why the police are being a little slow on the whole process of finding the kids," Sam says.
     "So, let's go to the station and check it out," Allison says and the brothers nod as the Impala  rumbles down the road.

*******************************************

     "Ally, stay in the car, just in case this thing is in there," Dean says.
     "Fine," she says and the brothers head inside. Allison sits in the passenger seat, listening to music when she sees Finn riding into the parking lot on his bike in the rear view mirror. He parks his bike right next to the Impala and smiles at Allison.
     "Hey," he says and Allison gets out of the car. With wide eyes, she ushers him behind the building into a patch of bushes.
     "What are you doing? My brothers might see you!" Allison yells.
     "I'd luh-like to help f-f-find my sister. Plu-plus you're p-pretty cute," Finn says with a handsome smile and Allison blushes. "It's especially cuh-cute when you do that," he says.
     "Did you hear that?" Allison asks.
     "Don't ch-change the subject," Finn says with a smile.
     "I thought I heard something." Allison looks around and then gives the boy her best professional look.
     "Okay. I think you're...handsome or whatever but my brothers, especially Dean, are just a little overprotective and I don't think—" Finn interrupts her with a kiss. Allison relaxes under Finn's touch and then pulls away from the amazing kiss. She smiles at the attractive boy but he soon disappears into blackness when Allison suddenly goes unconscious.

To be continued...