Valentine's Day

Allison: 20
Dean: 29
Sam: 26

     As Allison steps out into the hallway, still in her fuzzy pajama bottoms, she smiles as she hears Led Zeppelin blasting in the other room. Allison walks into the kitchen and grabs a box of cereal from the cupboard. Dean whistles as he butters his toast and he grins at his sister.
     "Happy Valentines Day, Ally!" Dean kisses her cheek as she fills her bowl with Cheerios.
     "You're in a good mood." Allison laughs, wiping her cheek off.
     "You say that like it's a bad thing," Dean says, taking a bite of his toast.
     "No, it's nice. Happy Valentine's Day." Allison gets on her tip toes and kisses Dean's unshaven cheek.
     "Hey, can you turn it down a little?" Sam pokes his head into the kitchen and Dean turns up the stereo. Sam glares at him and smiles at Allison.
     "Good morn—afternoon, Al." Sam checks his watch, grinning at her.
     "Shut up. I've got a date tonight, I needed my beauty sleep," Allison says with a mouthful.
     "Poor guy," Dean jokes and Allison hits him on his shoulder.
     "What time are you leaving tonight?" Sam asks.
     "Alex is picking me up at 7," Allison says.
     "Well, Dean and I will be anxiously waiting  for you to get back." Sam chuckles and looks to Dean.
     "Oh, no. Sorry, Sammy. You're gonna be the Old Maid tonight. I've got plans." Dean winks at Sam and finishes his toast.
     "What plans do you have?" Allison laughs.
     "Hey! Don't say it like that. I've still got game!" Dean says.
     "Are you going out to the bars to prey on the poor women that get stood up tonight?" Sam asks. Dean grins at his siblings and they both groan.
     "Happy Valentine's Day, kiddos!" Dean waves as he leaves the kitchen.
     Allison moves to where Dean stood and takes another bite of her cereal. Sam walks over to the fridge and pulls out a brown paper bag. He hands the bag to Allison and she raises her eyebrow at him. Sam smiles as Allison's face lights up when she pulls out a chocolate frosted donut from Lebanon's best bakery.
     "Thanks, Sammy." Allison grins at him.
     "Happy Valentine's Day, Al," Sam says, playfully ruffling her messy, blonde hair. Allison chuckles and pushes him away, smiling to herself as Sam starts to make himself some lunch.

*******************************************

      Allison stands in front of her bedroom mirror and smiles. She had picked out this light pink floral dress a few days earlier from a thrift shop in Lebanon for her date tonight. Her blonde hair falls down her shoulders in soft curls and she smells of clean linens. She leans in towards the mirror and parts her lips as she applies some light colored lipstick that complements her full, naturally blush colored cheeks. Allison pulls back from the mirror and sighs happily.
     "Damn, I look cute as hell." Allison winks at herself in the mirror and then laughs happily. She opens up her bedroom door and grabs her purse as she shuts the door behind her.
     "Hey, gorgeous!" Dean says, smiling, with a mouthful of chili. Sam stands at the kitchen counter, serving himself up a bowl of his homemade chili.
     "Have fun, Al! You look nice." Sam smiles at her.
     "Be safe!" Dean calls after her as she hurries up the bunker's steep staircase.
     "Love you!" Allison says with a wave and shuts the front door behind her.

*******************************************

     Allison steps out into the brisk February breeze and hugs herself, her weathered jacket not being thick enough to keep her warm in her dress. She checks her watch and it reads 7:08pm.
     He's just a little late.
     Allison suddenly starts to get anxious as all of the worst case scenarios fly around in her head. Allison shivers and briefly considers waiting inside but decides against it so she can avoid any sort of questioning from her brothers. She pulls out her cell phone but there are no notifications. 7:12pm.
     What if he ditches me?
     Allison bites her lip and starts to formulate a message to Alex but stops herself from being that girl. Putting her phone back in her pocket, she sighs and steps out towards the street. Thankfully, she sees headlights up ahead. Allison smiles as she fixes her slightly windblown hair, wondering how she could be so silly. The car quickly approaches Allison but continues to speed right past her, leaving her standing alone in the cold again.