A Very Supernatural Christmas (1995)

Allison: 5
Dean: 14
Sam: 11

     "Sammy, Rudolph just flew by himself. You just wait until Dean sees," Allison says, her eyes glued to the TV.
     "I know, it's awesome, Al," Sam says as he finishes wrapping his father's present.
     "I brought you guys dinner," Dean says enthusiastically as he enters the motel room.
     "Funyuns?" Sam asks.
     "You bet." Dean grins and tosses it to him.
     "Dean! Look! It's Rudolph!" Allison says. "He's on the TV!" She squeals and Sam smiles at his brother.
     "She's been waiting to tell you all about it," Sam says.
     "Oh, wow! Is Rudolph your favorite?" Dean asks as he picks up his little sister.
     "Yes, because he flies and is cute and he goes on an adventure and then Santa likes him." Allison giggles.
     "Wow, that's a lot of reasons." Dean smiles and sets her down. "What's that?"
     "A present for dad." Sam says proudly.
     "Did you steal it?" Dean asks, a little jealous.
     "No. Uncle Bobby gave it to me to give to him," Sam says and Dean sighs. "Dad's gonna be here, right?" Sam asks, looking to Allison who is sucking her thumb as she watches television.
     "He'll be here." Dean grumbles and sits down.
     "I promise," he says, looking at his little sister.
     "Where is he?" Sam asks.
     "On business," Dean says.
     "Dean, I'm not stupid," Sam says. "He's out hunting. What is it this time? A vampire or a demon or is it Frankenstein?" Dean looks at his brother.
      "Shut up, Sam," he whispers. "Let's take this outside." The brothers walk outside into the snowy wind.
     "You're right. Dad's out on a hunt, but you can't say that sort of stuff in front of Al," Dean says.
     "Sorry." Sam kicks a clump of snow.
     "Hey. He'll be here." Dean comforts his brother.
     "Okay..." Sam says, enters the room again and lays down on his bed. Dean sighs and enters the room. The credits role for Rudolph and Allison claps for the show.
     "Again!" She says.
     "No. It's off to bed for you, baby." Dean smiles at his sister.
     "Oh, please, Dean?" She whines.
     "Come on, Al. I'll tell you a story," Dean offers.
     "Okay." She yawns and Dean tucks her in.
     "Once upon a time there was some princess named, uh, Beatrix and she loved Rudolph."
     "Oh, my gosh," Allison whispers as she closes her eyes. Dean continues to tell the story as Allison drifts off to sleep. A tear runs down Sam's cheek as he too starts to doze off, thinking about his dad.

*******************************************

     "Guys! Wake up! Dad was here! He brought presents!" Dean shouts. His younger siblings sit up and rub their eyes.
     "Huh?" Sam wonders. "Why didn't he wake me up?"
     "He had to go back out but he brought us presents!" Dean tries again.
     "Wow!" Allison squeals, seeing the 3 presents on the coffee table. Dean and Sam follow her as she skips over to the presents.
     "Can I open them?" She asks.
"Oh, yeah!" Dean picks her up and places her on his lap. She opens up a set of holiday shot glasses and smiles.
     "Cups for my dolls! How did he know?" Allison asks.
     "Dad is just the best!" Dean says and looks to a disappointed Sam.
     "Sammy, it's your turn!" Allison says, handing him a present. Sam opens it to find a pink jump rope.
     "Wow. Just for me." Sam gets up and hands Dean John's present.
     "But it's for Dad," Dean says.
     "You deserve it." Sam smiles warmly, recognizing the effort Dean put forward for the family. Dean opens it up and finds a necklace.
     "Awesome! Thanks, Sam!" Dean grins and puts it on.
     "Wait! I'm going to get something." Allison goes into her coloring book and pulls out two drawings. "This one is for Sammy because he loves Rudolph so much."
     "You know me so well! Thank you, Ally!" Sam laughs joyfully, looking at the sloppily colored picture of Rudolph.
     "Here you go, Dean! It's by me." Allison whispers excitedly and hands Dean a hand-drawn picture of John, Dean, Sam and Allison. "It's our happy family." She grins.
     "love it and I'll keep it forever. Thank you, baby." He hugs her tight.
     "Merry Christmas!" Allison says and kisses both of her brothers on the cheek.
     "Merry Christmas, Allison." The brothers smile and say together.