Chapter 1.3

As soon as the train came to a halt at Hogsmeade Station, Ellie half dragged Draco and Blaise out of the compartment and on to the platform, neverminding the quizzical look the two boys had on their faces. They were soon greeted by a deep friendly voice calling out for the first years. "Firs' years! Firs' years! Over here!"

"Ellie, you should go to him, we'll see you in the Great Hall," said Blaise to her as he nudged her slightly in the half-giant's direction. Flashing a toothy smile in the boys' direction, she made her way to the half-giant. She threw herself to him, hugging him as best as her petite body allowed her. "Hagrid!"

Hagrid couldn't help but chuckle at her. He hugged her back as he guided her and the rest of the first years to get into the boats which would take them across the Black Lake. "Hello there, Ellie! Come now, follow me."

•••

Majestic was not even close to describe the sight that greeted her eyes. The castle was as magical as it could get, standing regally surrounded by the lake and the forest on top of a hill, Ellie could already tell she would love every corner of it. As she was lead into the Entrance Hall along with her fellow first years, they were greeted by a stern looking woman dressed in emerald green robe, standing tall on the top staircase. She introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, the head of Gryffindor house, and further explained the different houses that they would get sorted into. She then led the students into the Great Hall, where cheers from the older students and the ghosts greeted them. As they entered the hall, Ellie looked up and saw that the ceiling was glittered with bright stars, perfectly mirroring the night sky. She tried to sneak a glance at the Gryffindor table, hoping to catch a glimpse of her brother. But before she could find him, Professor McGonagall had cleared her throat, causing the young witch to shift her attention to the very front of the hall where the professors sat at the staffs tables. Professor McGonagall stood in front of the staff table, next to a three-legged wooden stool. The Professor was holding a not very lengthy parchment in her hands, whilst an old pointy hat sat on top of the stool.

Professor McGonagall gave the hat a nod and suddenly the hat came to life. It began to sing a song about the school and the four houses. It explained the traits that each of the house desired in its students - Gryffindor for those who are brave at heart, Hufflepuff for those who were trustworthy valued fairness, Ravenclaw for those hungry for were knowledge, and lastly Slytherin for those who were driven by ambition - and how each of the houses would be the place where its students excel. As soon as the song ended, Professor McGonagall began to call out name after name. The student whose name was called then went to sit on the stool where the hat would be placed on top of their head. From what she saw, it seemed like the hat would have a small conversation with the student underneath it before announcing the appropriate house for the student. It took awhile until the Professor got to the P's, and finally got to Ellie's name.

"Potter, Eleanor."

The entire hall went deadly silent at the mention of her name, for all she knew, only a handful of people in that very hall knew of her existence. Whispers of disbelief could be heard from every direction as she made her way up to the stool as calmly as she could. She felt like every pair of eyes were set on her. Only when she was about to sit and was greeted with a small smile from the stern looking professor did her nerves calmed a bit. The Professor proceeded to put the hat on her head once she was seated. As soon as the rim of the hat brushed her hair, she heard the hat began to talk.

"Hmm, yes yes, clever girl just like your mother, but not too much like your mother, and ah, you are as loyal as your father, and brave as he was, if not more. But you are so much like your brother. I think I know just where to put you."

"Gryffindor, then?" she asked hopefully to the hat. It would be an absolute dream come true if she got into the same house as her brother, that way she could spend a lot of her time with him. Alas, what the hat said next to her was nothing she was prepared for.