Chapter 2.6

"You're early," Adrian told his two teammates sarcastically. It wasn't like Ellie to be late, but seeing whom she dragged along, he didn't find the need to ask why. "Wouldn't want to disappoint my captain, would I?" said Ellie with a fake innocence. Ruffling her hair, Adrian turned to ask his fellow chaser whom was sporting a bandaged arm. "How's your arm? Good enough to be of use?"

"I'm not so sure. I'm lucky I'm still alive, with all the blood lost."

"Piss off, Draco," Ellie spat at him as she rolled her eyes. He's a friend, but Merlin so help her if he's not getting his act together, she wouldn't hesitate to hex him to next Thursday. "Your arm is just fine. Madam Pomfrey left the bandage so the scar will heal nicely."

"I thought you were my friend," Draco exclaimed at her, surprised that she stood up to him so valiantly. Ellie scoffed at him as she put on her Quidditch jumper. The Scottish wind was prickling her skin, and she didn't fancy a cold that early in the school term. "That I am. If you want some sympathy, I think Parkinson will be more than willing to give you that."

"I think she might even give you more than mere sympathy, Malfoy," added Adrian with a wink at the younger boy. "Do us all a favour and go for a lap. I need to talk with our seeker."

With a huff, Draco took off and went around the field. Once he was out of earshot, Ellie turned to her captain. "So?"

"Oh no, I'm just trying to get rid of him," Adrian told her with a chuckle. He pulled her into a side hug before bending to her ear and whispered, "Bit annoying, that git."

"But he gave us our brooms, though," Ellie pointed out as she put half of her body weight onto the older boy's side. Ellie was comfortable with Adrian like that, like it was second nature.

"'Bout the only reason I keep him. So, what do you think? Any of those tosser decent enough of a chaser to replace Flint?" Adrian asked with a jerk of his head toward the handful of lads flying over the pitch, tossing the quaffle back and forth. Ellie turned to him, an incredulous look on her face. "Even the Bloody Baron will be decent enough compared to him! In case you haven't noticed, Flint barely able to fly with a hand on his broomstick. Snape must've been under the Imperius Curse when he gave him the badge."

"I still can't believe I thought you were sweet and innocent when I first saw you," Adrian said with a chuckle as he brought her closer to him, shielding her from the chilling breeze.

"I am!" Ellie said hotly, but quickly added, "I mostly am!"

Adrian let out an uncommitted hum, which in all honesty was merely to annoy Ellie even more than she already was. And it was working. She let out a frustrated groan, and turned to face the older boy fully, with her arms crossed in front of her chest. "Harry thinks so!"

Adrian threw his head back with laughter, whilst holding his sides to gain some balance. He looked at the flustered girl and doubled in laughter. "No, he doesn't!"

Grumbling under her breath, she threw his broom to him with more force than needed, causing the boy who was still laughing his arse off to fall on his back with his broom on his chest. Mounting her own broom, Ellie sighed in defeat, "No, he doesn't."

"Aww, I'm just pulling your leg, Ellie. Come on, let's get rid of these tossers as quickly as we can," Adrian said to her with a warm smile as he caught up with her mid air.

"Aye, aye, Captain."

Ellie blew a lose strand from her face as she studied the so called tossers. To be fair, they did deserve the name calling. She flew past two of the lads, knocking them off their brooms off guard. Adrian grinned at her as he called the two to ditch the pitch. Ellie surely mad the job easy for him and he couldn't be more grateful to have his seeker by his side.