Chapter 2.3

"You know, you don't really have to let the dog go," said Fred from behind her as Ellie petted Snuffles sadly on the side of the road. They were waiting for everyone to get ready to leave for King's Cross Station and Ellie had been looking more sour than a plum on a summer day for the past fifteen minutes. Harry was somewhere inside the pub with his friends, letting Ellie have a moment with Snuffles.

Ellie turned her head to face the twins whom bore a mischievous grin on their faces. Knowing the twins, they probably had Plan A to K under their sleeves already, and if one of those plans could help Ellie keep Snuffles, she'd risk it. "I'm intrigued."

"Leave it to us, you'll have him back at Hogwarts," said George with a wink at her, causing the girl to squeal in excitement as she danced on the balls of her heels. "But don't you dare tell a soul, especially mum."

"Wouldn't dream of it. I love you!" she exclaimed as she throw herself to the twins. They laugh wholeheartedly as they sandwiched her in a bear hug.

"Anything for our little Elle."

•••

"Harry's going to kill you, Georgie," said Fred to his twin brother as the two stuffed their trunks onto the shelf above their seats. George looked at him as if he was delirious. So far, their short encounter with the boy who lived during their stay at the Leaky Cauldron had been pleasant. They shared a joke here and there, and spent the rest of their remaining time in annoying his little sister to no end just because they knew she loved them that much. So far to his knowledge, he hadn't given the younger Gryffindor a reason to burry him six feet underground. "And that is because?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that you can't keep your eyes off of little Elle," said Fred in the most teasing manner to his brother as he took the window seat. George rolled his eyes as he took the seat across from him. "I think you're high on gunpowder, Freddie."

"Really? That's the best you've got, Georgie? You're not even denying that you like her."

In all honesty, George didn't want to deny it nor did he want to admit it. He adored the girl ever since he rescued, or well actually nicked, her from her bedroom with the help of his brothers and her own brother one summer ago. She was an enigma in simplicity. She's sweet yet fiery. She was a Slytherin with a sleeping lioness resided within her. She looked almost nothing like her brother yet the resemblance was uncanny. She was just different. George caught the smirk that Fred was sending him, and he threw the sandwich that their mother had packed them at him.

"Why you-"

"My favourite twins!" exclaimed Lee Jordan at the top of his lungs as he slam the compartment door open, "What are we talking about?"

"Just my brother here having a soft spot for a certain Slytherin," Fred informed him as he threw his brother's sandwich back to him. Lee stowed his trunk next to George's before dumping himself on the seat next to him rather theatrically. "Potter's sister right? I could vaguely remember the sexual tension whenever she's in our common room."

"You people are out of you knickers. 'Sides, she's twelve, mind you," he told the two boys dismissively as he unwrapped his sandwich, but Fred was having none of it. He knew his twin brother like the back of his hand, and he'd be damned if he let the conversation end at that note. Stealing the sandwich George was about to bite, Fred pointed out to him, "So you're telling me that we are smuggling a dog to Hogwarts for Elle just because?"

"You're smuggling a dog?" asked Lee to the twins, which earned him a knowing smirk from Fred. "Wicked."

"It's Elle's," George informed Lee as he stole his sandwich back and took a bite. "And need I remind you," he looked pointedly at Fred, "That you offered her the help? Besides, did you see how happy she was?"