Chapter 4.3

As the evening rolled, an extremely exhausted man in his thirties climbed the stairs of his house, up the floor with one too many doors. He neared a single room where light peaked through the thin slit between its door and the carpet of the floor. He could hear soft music playing from a turntable, the very turntable he had carefully hidden from all of his family and house elf for, well, all of his life, up till that very moment when he presented to his goddaughter. He opened the door to his goddaughter's room as silently as he could, careful not to disturb her, but he shouldn't have worry a bit, for she was too engage in the music, and the book she was reading. He stand at the doorframe for a while, and listened to what happened to be Love of My Life, and chuckled softly to himself. Of all the vinyls he had given her, she chose the one that he himself had played thousands of times.

"That's my favourite song, you know?"

Startled, Ellie dropped the book she was reading to the floor and snapped her neck faster than when she spotted a snitch. Catching the smirk that was on her godfather's face, she jumped from her bed and came crushing at him.

"Padfoot!"

Letting out his signature bark like laugh, he pulled his goddaughter with all his strength and trapped her in a bear hug. He swayed them slightly as Ellie lifted her head and smiled with the little innocence she had left, looking like the child she would've looked had she not grown in such a cruel world.

"I don't think I've seen your smile all week long," teased Sirius as he tugged at her dog tag softly, caressing the tag with her and his best friend's name on it, along with the paw print pendant he had given to her a summer ago.

"That's because you're too busy with the Order, Pads," retorted Ellie cheekily, which only made her godfather chuckled. He may not have a daughter, nor did he choose that kind of life - the kind where he settled with a beautiful woman with three children of his own, playing miniature Quidditch in their backyard at their house on the country side. No, Sirius Orion Black the third was not the kind of man who wanted those sentimental things. No, Sirius Orion Black the third was the kind of man who dreamed of nothing but his leather jacket, his flying motorcycle, guys night every now and then with the Marauders, and be the coolest uncle the mini Marauders could ever have. That was his dream. That very dream had been shred away the moment he had his first godchild, Harry. He dreamed of being there for the boy whenever he was wanted and needed. Playing catch on Saturdays, afternoon strolls on Sundays. Then came Ellie, whom had his whole heart at her first laugh. He dreamed of nothing more than spending the rest of his life with them, be a part of the Potter family, be the Uncle Padfoot they could always come running to when their parents just won't seem to understand them. He wanted to be there for them. Though fate and time might had taken that dream away, he felt like he was being given a second chance every time he hugged his goddaughter, or when he saw the boyish smile on his godson's face. So there with his goddaughter, he just felt finally content.

He led them back to her bed where she plopped with her stomach down, and he sat on her bed, his legs stretched. Peeking from side to side, as if afraid that anyone would be eavesdropping, he told her in a hush, "Don't tell anyone, but I may or may not sneaked out of today's meeting."

"Oh, we know, Padfoot. We just don't care anymore when you fled. Besides, it means that no one will tell Elle anything," said a teasing voice from the open door. Ellie lifted her head from the bed only to find her other godfather smirking at them. Feigning innocence, she blurted, "What? I don't-"

When she was met with a raised eyebrow from her godfather, she slumped back on the bed, defeated, "Oh, alright."

"See that pout, Mons?" asked Sirius dramatically, his hands cupping his goddaughter's face, "That's on you."