Chapter 1.4

On the opposite side of the hall, the boy with messy dark coffee brown hair and round spectacles slid into the bench with his ginger haired friend and across from the girl with bushy hair. Without as much as a greeting to the girl, he popped the question he had been holding all night. "Hermione, have you seen Ellie?"

Hermione looked bewildered for a second, unsure of who this Ellie was. For as much as she concerned, there was no Gryffindor went by the name Ellie. "Ellie who, Harry?"

"Ellie. Eleanor. My little sister."

At the mention of his little sister, Hermione suddenly found her plate of breakfast to be extremely interesting. Harry exchanged a look with Ron, both had the expression of I had no idea what's going on, but I bet she does on their faces. Harry waited for a moment for Hermione to come up with an explanation, but when none came, he knew he had to make her say it. "Hermione, what are you not telling me?"

Sighing in defeat, Hermione said with a voice that was barely louder than a whisper. "Look behind you, three tables down. I'm really sorry, Harry."

Just as Harry turned his head, a loud voice that he knew belonged to Mrs. Weasley pierced through the entire hall. Harry who hadn't even caught a glimpse of his sister turned back to the table to see his best friend in a mortified state as a red piece of parchment screaming bloody murder in Mrs. Weasley's voice in front of him. After what seemed to be a lifetime, the screaming and yelling finally ended, with the dramatic effect of the howler ripping itself into pieces. The entire hall immediately erupted in laughter and Harry took the chance to walk over to the table where the snakes sat. As he rounded the table, he saw his little sister laughing along at the scene that had just unfolded with none other than Draco Malfoy, along with two other Slytherins he didn't know the names of.

"What are you doing with Malfoy?" he hissed to Ellie as soon as she was in earshot. Ellie who had been wondering why her brother didn't talk to her sooner than this was taken aback by his question. No hello, no smile, no sign of affection at all. Draco who saw the shock in Ellie's face smirked before saving her from replying to her own brother. "Good to see you too, Potter, but I think the question should be what are you doing here?"

Feeling her brother's anger began to boil, Ellie turned to face Harry, placing a comforting hand on his arm. The last thing she needed was his brother became overbearing over nothing at all. "Relax, Harry. They're just telling me about their summer holiday. Would you like to join us?"

"I'd rather not, said Harry, aghast of such suggestion, and dragged his sister out of the hall without giving her a chance to object. Once they reached an empty hallway not too far away from the Great Hall, he hissed to her once more, "Ellie, what are you doing with Malfoy?"

Unsure of what was making Harry's wand tight in a knot, Ellie began stating the obvious, "Talking? Having breakfast? Is something wrong with that?"

"Yes! Of course there is! It's Malfoy! He's a Slytherin!" As soon as the words slipped through his mouth, his eyes wandered to his little sister's robe, where the hood was green and an emblem bearing a snake was stitched on the front. Immediately he regretted his own words for he knew too well Ellie would mistook his words. "Ellie-"

"Harry, I haven't seen you since last night and the first thing came out of your mouth was what am I doing with Malfoy. Honestly, Harry, you're an absolute toe-rag!" she said to him with her eyes dangerously narrowed and her voice getting dangerously lower with every word. Letting out an annoyed groan, Harry ran his fingers through his already messy hair. "For the millionth time, Ellie, what does that even mean?"

"I had no idea, but I know that it suits you well," said Ellie lazily, knowing perfectly well she had hit him in all the right places with a simple two worded insult.