Chapter 3.1

"Harry! Wake up!" Ellie whisper-yelled, hoping her brother will wake up before the any of the Dursley would, or it wouldn't be pretty. With a start, Harry jumped to a sitting position. Ellie got up from the bed and retrieved a fresh t-shirt for his brother to change into after she wiped the sweat all over his body with a dry cloth she had standing by on their desk since the start of the summer. Harry had been having nightmares ever since they went back to Privet Drive, and it kept getting worse. Ellie was genuinely concerned about his well being, but knowing her brother, he'd be too stubborn to acknowledge it as a problem. "Whatever your nightmare is, Harry, it isn't normal."

"I'm not normal, Ellie. We aren't," retorted the older Potter sibling. Even in the dead of night and only half awake Harry James Potter had enough sass in his cup of tea to throw around. Ellie sighed in defeat as she placed the now soaking cloth on their small wooden desk. Sitting on the bed next to her brother, she brushed his ever messy hair from his forehead.

"You know what I mean, Harry. Write to Sirius or something. He can't be any more mental than you are right now."

The older Potter sibling opened his mouth to retort, but his sister beat him with a pointed look. "You know you're starting to go mental. Write to him. At least say hi or something. He'd love that."

"I hate it when you're right," grumbled Harry. After promising he'd do just that in the morning, he scooted as far as the bed allowed him to let his sister lay next to him. With his sister snuggled up to his side, her head resting on his chest, the two Potters went back to sleep, keeping each other safe in their arms.

•••

The Dursleys were all shaken and frighten, and to the Potter siblings, it was quite funny. Their hate of magic was actually rather irrational, it was no wonder that they loose all cool when they have three people stuck in their fireplace. Moving away from their deranged relatives, the two Potters approached the boarded fireplace. The older potter knocked on the bricks as hard as he could, hoping the sound would travel to the other side. "Mr. Weasley, are you alright?"

"Yes, yes, what to do, what to do," the Potters heard Mr. Weasley called back, although he seemed to be talking to himself more than to them. The two Potters shared a look and shrugged at each other, waiting for Mr. Weasley to do something as they weren't allowed to do magic outside of school.

"Aha!" Mr. Weasley's exclaimed after awhile, breaking the awkward silence in the room. "Stand back, Harry."

Didn't need to be told twice, Harry grabbed his sister and took three long backward strides away from the fireplace, just in time to avoid most of the debris of what used to be the Dursley's fireplace. Uncle Vernon's jaw dropped for a second at the sight of his living room before he roared to the three figures emerging from the fireplace.

"WHAT THE DEVIL DO YOU-"

"UNCLE VERNON!" Ellie yelled loud enough to shock everyone. She rarely raised her voice, especially to the Dursleys. She sighed heavily, before putting on a soft smile on her face, completed with a look that clearly showed she meant business, but oddly charming all at the same time. "Uncle Vernon, Mr. Weasley will be able to fix it in a jiffy. At no cost whatsoever."

Uncle Vernon blinked at her a few times, looking mildly like a deer caught in the headlights. Harry looked at his sister confusedly. Never ever in his short thirteen years with the Dursleys did they not retort after being talked to lie Ellie had just did to them. There was something odd in the way his sister brought herself up just then, almost peculiar, but he couldn't put a pin on it. He shook his head slightly, thinking it was just the nightmares finally getting the better part of him, when Mr. Weasley broke the silence in the room.