Chapter 4.9

The little show that Theo had put on had apparently undo some of the damage that Draco had caused, since the boys managed to stay on Ellie's good grace, even though she was now somewhat different towards the blonde boy. They were civil, but also formal, too formal, in fact. Of course, the whole group realised how estranged the two were, but no one said a thing about it, not Ellie, not Adrian, not Theo, not Blaise, and definitely not Draco. Ellie still hung out with the boys, and that was good enough. Nothing beats a year without their little Potter, and Salazar knew Ellie missed her boys, even with Xenyk by her side.

Ellie had never realised how empty her schedule was when quidditch was ripped away from it. Adrian was busy as usual with his team, and he had NEWTs as the cherry on top, so she could not really rely on him to keep her company. Draco still had quidditch, even taking her place as seeker - not that he was remotely as good, but it was him or some doofus. He had also participated in a group that Umbridge had created, along with Blaise and Theo, with the promise of extra credit. The boys had tried, and failed, to persuade her to join the old hag's private club, but she would rather rot. She would run to Harry and the Weasleys, but as of late, they seemed to also be preoccupied with their own thing, despite their shared common lack of quidditch.

It was a good thing that Xenyk was always around, seeing as most of her time was spent with the older boy, doing homeworks, or preparing for her OWLs. Xenyk, as it turned out, had a brain of a prodigy, and he was a damn great tutor. She did not know why she was so surprised, seeing as he had practically tutor her for the entire summer. Perhaps the school curriculum just made things seemed more formal. Either way, she was not complaining.

"Vy do you even bother going through all these again?" asked Xenyk lazily as the pair sat on an empty table in the library, "I've thought you more than you need to know for your OWLs."

He had his point. Xenyk was by no mean a half-way kind of lad. He would teach Ellie something so thoroughly, that she perhaps learned more from him than her professors. During the summer, Xenyk might have thought her skills she would need to master in order to not blow up the whole school by accident. He then proceeded to help her sharpened her natural-born talent. Now that they were students at Hogwarts, he had thought her everything she needed to know to aces O's on her OWLs, and more. By 'and more', she meant literally the whole seven years worth of study. Good riddance with the OWLs, If she would, Ellie could take the NEWTs tomorrow.

"Because I have nothing better to do," mumbled Ellie dryly, before she perked up at the sound of two identical voices she had grown to love. Keeping her eyes trailed on the twins, she smirked, "You know what, scratch that. Care for a run?"

Xenyk smirked back her, by now he knew all too well than fight her when she had that mischievous gleam on her eyes. They packed their books and parchments hastily before running out of the library like a pair of first years, or so Madam Pince had yelled. They caught up with the Weasley twins rather quickly, and Ellie immediately linked both of her arms with the twins' as soon as they were in an arm's length. "What are you boys up to?"

The twins exchanged a look before the younger twin jerked his head, "Tell her, Freddie."

"Why me?" asked the older twin incredulously.

"Harry already had a go with me last year. You take one for a change"

"Come of it!" scoffed Fred, "It's his sister we're talking about."

"Who's right here, boys," piped Ellie, but the second she met the twins eyes, she regretted immediately and made a run for it. Who was she kidding, she could never out run the twins with their long legs. George caught her by the waist and slump her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.