Chapter 1.12

Within a week of returning to Hogwarts, Ellie had played her cards right and had gotten an answer from Draco. He, indeed, wasn't the heir of Slytherin. Just like she had predicted. She rubbed it on her brother's face hard, just because she could. What she hadn't expect was when Draco told her about how his father had mentioned the chamber had been opened before, fifty years ago to be exact, and causing a muggle born to fall as a casualty. Ellie could see the pure worry in her brother's eyes, for she knew too well that he worried about his friend's well being. Even though Ellie couldn't care less about the particular muggle born, Ellie understood where it was coming from. She was Harry's best friend, no matter how much it irritated her for she seemed to choose to ignore her, and Ellie would hated to see Harry losing someone whom cared about him.

Classes after the break went on just the same. Defense Against the Dark Arts was infuriating as always, though she blamed the professor for this. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see just how much of a narcissistic, egocentric, fraud Lockhart was. Potions was interesting as always and slowly becoming one of her favourite subjects, and if it was even possible, it seemed like the potion master had liked her even more, much to Harry's surprise. Professor Snape was always mean to the Gryffindors, especially towards Neville Longbottom, a Gryffindor in Harry's year, and Harry and his two best friends. Even though the professor seemed to be slightly kinder towards the Slytherin, he was exceptionally warm towards Ellie. Praising her works, helping her out when she made an error, and other things that no students had ever witnessed the potion master did. History of Magic was informative but boring as always. Herbology was getting more interesting by the day, for she had to take care of the baby mandrakes like an actual baby. It was fun for Ellie, but the same couldn't be said for Draco, Theo, and Blaise. The three boys hated the whining and wailing plant. Charms was fun as always, and having charms with the Gryffindors meant that she would be blessed by sudden explosions from a certain Gryffindor named Seamus Finnigan. She felt bad for the poor lad, but it was quite a good laugh. Transfiguration was easily on top of her list of her favourite subjects. The professor might be strict and stern, but she never failed to bring a fascinating lesson. The fact that Ron was using a broken wand added the fun within the class for his work would always be entertaining. Like that one time when they were suppose to turn a snail into a cufflink, his still had a pair of blinking eyes. Astronomy was still not her best subject. No matter how much she enjoyed the stargazing, she just couldn't get a grip of the subject. She was most fortunate to have Draco by her side for he would always told her the name of the constellations they were observing. At first, it surprised her how much Draco knew about the stars for he never enjoyed stargazing, but he simply told her it was a knowledge his mother passed on to him.

To top it all, quidditch practice had become even more time consuming now that the Slytherin had a fifty percent chance of winning the cup. Flint had gone nuts, in Ellie's opinion. He would encourage the team to be as cunning as they could be, meaning play as dirty as they pleased. No one in the team seemed to be bothered by the idea, no one except for Ellie and a certain fourth year chaser. Of all the people in the team, she certainly liked Draco and Adrian the best. Not much needed to be said about Draco, after all it was no secret that he was her best friend. The same couldn't be said for the blossoming friendship between the chaser and the seeker, however. Even though most Slytherins had tolerated her by now for her win against the Gryffindor, not many of them had really become her friends, except a few of those in the team. Adrian Pucey, however, had become one of her closest friend, her best friend if she dared to say so. She had taken a liking in the older boy, even though she wouldn't admit it for she thought she was far too young for such thing.

"I'm gonna kill Flint," Ellie groaned as she was curled up in the boys dormitory with her head rested on Adrian's lap, which earned her snickers from the four boys.