Chapter 4.13

The last twelve hours felt like a the most exhausting and confusing hours Eleanor Potter had ever lived. She had woken up at five in the morning, took a brisk shower, and went down to the common room. She sat cross-legged in front of the fire, doing last minute revision for her OWLs later that day. At exactly twelve past seven, she exited the comfort of her common room with her five boys, and made their way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Not that they had the stomach for anything, but both Adrian and Theo would fuss like a mother hen if they did not get her to at least nibble on something. She was not afraid of failing her OWLs, hell, even with a blindfold over her eyes and her hands tied together, she would scrape at least Es in all of her subjects, if not straight Os. Facing her test with no blindfold and free hands, she was sure to expect nothing but Os. What scared her was those who would be grading her. She only hoped that her royal toadness would not be one of them, for surely she would get a T before even lifting her wand.

Then at eight on the dot, they parted their ways, Adrian and Xenyk for their NEWTs, Ellie and the rest of the boys for their OWLs. It was not until after lunch that things got a little out of hand. Fred and George Weasley had promised her a grand exit, a bang, and a bang they delivered. Nothing short of it. She had seen the blue print, but it did little to no justice to the actual thing. They practically blown up the castle, if not with their fireworks, then with the euphoria. They busted into the Great Hall, where the fifth years and herself were taking their History of Magic OWL, and lit up the hall with their fireworks. The best part was, every time the pink toad tried to vanish it, it only duplicated and burned brighter. That was not even the best part of it, considering their fireworks grew larger and larger until it morphed into a dragon, chase the royal toadness out of the hall, to the courtyard, before engulfing the woman in a rain of sparks and colours.

With both of the twins on their brooms, they sped up towards the sky, blasting one last firework, leaving a blasting W in the sky for the whole school to see before fleeing into the bright Scotland sky, not without a wink sent to their favourite Slytherin, of course. She could not remember the last time she had laughed that hard. It was all just magnificent, the way Umbridge was completely toasted, the mess the twins left in the castle, the beautiful display of colours in the sky, just magnificent. She could also not remember her stomach dropped faster than when she was pulled by Xenyk and the words it's Harry, thinks Sirius is in danger rolled out of his tongue with his brows furrowed together.

One reckless and gullible brother later, she found herself running through castle grounds - her robes bellowing behind her, her eyes bloodshot, her heart thumping against her chest, and her mind on her godfather and godfather only, knowing that her brother would have his friends, but all her godfather had was her and her brother - all the way until she passed its gates, with the older boy hot in her heels. As soon as they crossed the border for apparition, Xenyk grabbed her hand, the familiar tugging sensation pulled her into a tube like portal, before they both landed on the front step of Number 12 Grimmauld Place. Tapping her wand harder than needed on the silver serpent door knob, she barged into the house, shouting her godfather's name on the top of her lungs. The sound a chair scraping against the wooden floor snapped the young Potter's head towards the dining room, from where a man in his thirties with skin as pale as porcelain ran out of with a hint of panic in his eyes.

"Baby girl?" asked Sirius as he took in the two teenagers dressed in grey uniform, each with a green and silver crest baring a snake in the middle on their left chest, "Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be at school?"

"You're okay," breathed Ellie as she pulled her godfather into a tight embrace, burying her face into his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat, trying to get her own heart to beat in sync with his godfather's. "You're okay."

"Wha-"

"Harry thinks you're in danger," explained Xenyk hurriedly, his breath was jagged, his heart racing, but it was nothing compared to the state his friend was in, "I think he saw it in his head."