Chapter 1.7

On Monday morning, Ellie found herself seating in the Great Hall for breakfast not only with Draco, Blaise, and Theo, but also with the rest of the Quidditch team. Deciding to follow Draco's suggestion, Ellie didn't think much of their sudden change of demeanour and was grateful that she had more people to talk to, instead. They all talked about their latest Quidditch victory, and every now and then, Ellie would caught a certain chaser stealing glances at her.

"Pucey is staring again, it's getting creepy," Draco whispered to her ear when he noticed that the said chaser was once again stealing a glance at her. Ellie looked up from her toast and sure enough, the fourth year Slytherin was looking at her. She caught his eyes for a brief second before he looked away sheepishly. "Ellie, are you blushing?"

"Sod off, Draco," Ellie mumbled as she tried her best to hid her rosy pink cheeks, causing Draco to laugh at her antics. She was about to tell him off when she heard someone cleared their throat behind her. She turned around to find her head of house standing tall with his eyes fixed on her. She could've sworn he was pursing what might had been considered as a smile.

"Miss Potter, I want to congratulate you on your win. Now, it has come to my attention that your skills are far from your fellow classmates, it would be such a shame if the classes were not challenging enough for you."

"I'm not sure I follow, Professor," said Ellie confusedly. The black haired professor then took a deep breath before he began again. "The headmaster and I have talked and agreed that it would be best if you joined the second year's classes."

"Are you sure, Sir? I mean, not that I'm not honoured, but I haven't even brewed the first half of the potion in my textbook," said Ellie to her head of house. Her voice was thick with uncertainty, which was returned with a proud smirk, instead. "Positive, Miss Potter. It has come to my belief that you are as bright as your mother."

"You knew her, Sir?" Ellie asked curiously as her eyes went to the size of saucers. She immediately regretted asking the question, however, as she noticed the potion master's eyes became shadowed by pain and sorrow.

"An extraordinary witch she was," he simply said under his breath, before clearing his throat and regained his stoic composure once more. "Here's your new schedule, Miss Potter. Should you need any help, you can come to my office after dinner and I'll tutor you with your lessons."

"Thank you, sir." With a nod of his head, Snape left the table without another word. Ellie then turned back to her friends whom were gawking at her. It was such a surprise for the Slytherins to see their head of house being remotely warm to his students. Ellie who had become accustomed to the professor's hidden side. Ellie just shrugged at her fellow Slytherins dismissively, and returned to her toast. Draco then leaned to her ear and whispered mischievously, "You're stuck with me."

•••

Ellie had somehow convinced Draco, Blaise, and Theo to go to class early with her, much to their dismay. The boys were ecstatic of course, to have their friend with them in every class, but they didn't realise it came with the catch of being dragged to class far too early for their liking. At least they had managed to not let her force them to sit at the front row, that would surely cause some weird looks thrown their way. Ellie had Potions for her first class with the second years, and she already knew things would be eventful. She took a seat next to Theo, as Draco had always sit with Blaise in Potions, and began preparing her table when the swishing of a cloak was heard, announcing the arrival of the potion master. Not three minutes after the professor stood in front of the chalk board, the door creaked open, revealing the arrival of a messy haired boy with glasses and a ginger whose hair was more dishevelled than it usually was.