Chapter 1.5

The days following that Wednesday went out in a blur for Ellie. Every day she would follow the same routine. She would talk to Harry for a little bit during breakfast before her first period, then she would do her best in her classes while being ignored by most of her classmates, lunch followed where she would have a chat with Blaise, Draco, and Theo. Classes after lunch weren't so different with the ones prior it. During dinner, Harry would ask her about her day, though the talk never last for more than ten minutes. At the evening, she would lounge in the common room along with the three boys, doing school work of some sorts before she head to bed.

It wasn't until the next Friday that Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Quidditch Team Captain, held the try out. Needless to say, Ellie easily secured her position as a seeker as she managed to caught the snitch under five minutes. Draco had also managed to secure a position as a chaser, and he promised to Flint and the rest of the team that his father would provide them with the newest broom in store, the Nimbus 2001. 

On Saturday morning, Ellie jumped off of her four poster bed with more energy than she had ever shown during her short time in Hogwarts for it was her first day of training. She brushed her teeth as quickly as she could, grabbed a hairband before she left her dorm, and tied her hair as she ran down the stairs to the common room. She was a ball of energy that morning, so much that she hit Draco and knocked him flat to the floor as soon as her feet left the last staircase, causing the boy to groan slightly when she fell on top of him. "Ellie, for someone so little, you have too much force in you."

"So I've been told. Sorry, Draco," said Ellie sheepishly as she rolled off of Draco and helped him up. The pair then made their way to the Great Hall with their brooms in hand to take a quick bite before practice. Not fifteen minutes after they started their breakfast, Flint had summoned them to go to the pitch along with the rest of the team. Since the two was the youngest ones on the team, they were easily the shortest ones and hence were protected from sight as they walk amongst the team. Just as they reached the Quidditch pitch, however, the team started to slow down their pace. Ellie turned to Draco to see if he knew what was going on, but was only replied with a lazy shrug.

"Flint! I've booked the pitch for the day!" Ellie heard someone shouted at Flint. She tried to stand on her tiptoes to see who was shouting, but it was futile. The rest of the team were at least third year boys, so needless to say she was the smallest of them all.

"Not now, you don't. Professor Snape gave us a permission slip."

Ellie then heard the first voice mumbling something under his breath, presumably reading the slip that Flint had just said. And she knew she was right when she heard the boy shout once more, "You've got a new chaser and a new seeker? Who?"

The rest of the team then started to dispersed, allowing the two new addition to the team to come to view. Draco was smirking smugly at the other team that Ellie know acknowledged as the Gryffindor. Never one for attention, Ellie quickly hid herself behind Draco. Thank Merlin for our height difference, Ellie thought to herself. If she was being honest, this would be one of those few moment where she was actually grateful for being petite.

"Malfoy?" the Weasley twins exclaimed at the same time, completely bewildered, "You can't possibly good enough for a seeker."

"I am if it wasn't for her," Draco said nonchalantly. Ellie could practically see his smirk from the back of his head and she prayed to all things holy that Draco wouldn't move. Alas, her prayer wasn't heard. She was greeted by the sight of the completely shocked Gryffindor team. Ellie searched for her brother's eyes, hoping that he wouldn't get mad at her, but his eyes were unreadable. "We're not the only things new here," said Draco once he was satisfied with the reaction he got form the Gryffindors.