Chapter 1

Note: this was the first story I had ever written. I love that you have all loved this story and I would love it if you could show my other stories some love! The Boston Bad Boy & Addicting Love
If you love this story you will love both of them. Thank you for reading, liking & commenting, I appreciate you all so much ❤️

Tessa

Knowing that in a few short hours I'd be seeing Hardin and be with Easton (my fiancé) in the same room was giving me major anxiety. And I couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same. Probably not because the memory of walking into our apartment almost 5 years to the date with not a single trace of him still haunts me along with the fact that he never looked back.

But today is about Landon and Dakota and I am so very happy for them. They have always been the dream couple. They never fight they support each other and are the representation of exactly what I wish Hardin and I could have been but that was never what we were going to be.

Easton is good though, so good. And so good to me he is everything that Hardin is not. He is sweet, thoughtful and compassionate and puts everyone above himself and me at the very top. He is exactly what I need and has made me the very best version of me.

He knows about my past with Hardin and he knows he is going to be at the wedding. He is curious to meet the guy that had such a profound impact on me. And I imagine he is a little fearful of what his presence will bring and if I am being honest so am I.

It's been 5 years, 5 years of moving on but still not going a single day without thinking of him. And wondering if he ever has thought of me.

Because every thought I have had since he left has been a what if...

What if he never left...

What if he came back...

What if we worked...

What if I never moved on...

What if we could just start over...

All the what-ifs are what has kept me up at night. It's knowing I still can't let go of the one person who I know hurt me more than anyone else, yet the one person I don't think I could ever let go of.

But I know I am being foolish...I know he has never thought about me. And I bet his life has been pretty great, and he has obviously been just fine without me.

My fear is witnessing that...seeing him at the wedding knowing he's fine and my heart still breaks from him...