Chapter 30

Tessa

Zed ends up walking away back to his table and I can't help but notice Hardin is no longer there.

When I get back to my table Easton and his friends are talking about their rowing team and going on and on about times they had in college. Although I met them many times I am feeling like the odd one out and even though Easton and I have been together over 4 years I always feel this way around his friends.

I tell Easton I'm still pretty tired and ask if he wants to head home. He said he would leave with me, but I insist that he stay since his friends aren't in town that long. 

I get an uber back to our apartment. And against my better judgement decide to text Hardin.

"Hey you left in a hurry, everything okay?" I ask.

No response. 

I decide I am probably better off going to bed then worrying about a guy who isn't my fiance.

The next morning my worry lingers, and I just want some sort of interaction with Hardin but still nothing.

Easton is still asleep and so I decide I will make us breakfast. I have some errands to run today to get ready for the week, so I will probably wake him as soon as breakfast is done so we can eat and I can be on my way. 

I keep it simple and just make scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits. One thing Easton likes is his meals made, and the apartment clean. Even though I work full time just like him I try my best to make sure everything is in order and just the way he likes it. 

He's still not up...so I go to our bedroom and wake him. "Hey babe, I made breakfast. And I have some errands to run so if you want to eat with me, let's eat now." I say.

"Go ahead and eat, I need to sleep this hangover off." he says.

I don't even bother to push it. I eat my breakfast alone, and head out for the day. Still hoping to hear something from Hardin as pathetic as that sounds.