Chapter 21

Hardin

I might have fallen asleep for a couple of minutes. But my mind hasn't stopped. I want her back but I can't destroy her life again. But maybe I won't this time. I am different now and we are older and have grown up. What if we could be good together, what if we could be happy?

I don't want to leave and not know again what could have been. I know I had to leave then, and probably have to leave now. But I want her to come with me. I don't want to leave here without her again.

All I know is I have to see her again. I text her "Hey, can I see you again?"

She replies "who is this?"

I text her back "really 😑"

She replies back "lol, when?"

I text her "4pm at our spot"

She replies "ok"

I know I shouldn't ask her to leave and I know that I left 5 years ago and I am expecting a lot but I don't have much time and so I don't know how I am going to approach it yet but I need to be honest with her and tell her I never stopped loving her and hope she feels the same.

I pack up my bag and get ready to head out of the hotel, I was actually supposed to leave this afternoon but since my little hiccup I am going to stay at my Dad's until my court date.

I don't know how I thought I was just going to leave again after seeing her.

I should have known seeing her would change everything for me.

I arrive at my Dads and realized I never got the chance to really talk to Karen since being back we took family pictures at the wedding but we didn't talk.

She greets me at the door and gives me a big hug. I am really happy you are going to be with us for a while.

I reply in a not so typical new Hardin way "Well I don't really have a choice"

I quickly apologize "I'm sorry it's just a lot being back and now this."

Karen tries to provide reassurance "it will be okay it will all work out!"