Chapter 34

Tessa

When I leave the nail salon. I decide I am going to go shopping.

Easton will never go to the mall with me, and I remember Hardin used to always tag along and never seemed to mind. Well maybe at the beginning of our relationship, but he ended up being a good sport about it.

I am in my second store when I get a call from Vance. I answer not thinking it has anything to do with Hardin. After all Hardin said he wouldn't even look at him at the wedding.

"Hey Tess.....It's about Hardin...he just left my office and well he almost fought me and he's really drunk right now, and I am worried. I know you both have your things with each other but I am not sure anyone can get through to him right now." Christian blurts through the phone.

I knew Hardin was having an off day from what Landon said, but I didn't think he would be drinking. And why would he try to fight Vance.

"Ahhh.... ok...umm do you know where he went?" I ask.

"There are a few bars on the block I am assuming he hasn't gone far." Says Christian.

I leave the clothes I was going to buy on the nearest rack and walk out of the mall.

"Okay, I'll see if I can find him." I reply.

Ugh. What the hell Hardin. That's all I can think.

I pay to park in front of Vance's building. I see a bar next to his building and head in there first. No sign of him.

There is another bar right on the corner, not there either.

I cross the street at the crosswalk and check out the bar on the opposite corner, and still no Hardin. Ugh what am I even doing anyways and what am I even going to say or do when Or if I see him.

The next bar I walk into I have to decide soon because he is sitting at the bar with a bag of ice over his hand and a glass in the other.

He has his back to me so he doesn't see me, and I have a seat next to him. And put my hand over the drink in his hand and slide it away.

He looks up. "What are you doing here?" He asks sounding annoyed.

"You know what, I really don't know Hardin." I reply equally annoyed.

He looks away from me and grabs his drink back and finishes what's left in the glass. And motions to the bartender that he will take another.

I quickly interject. "No he's good he's had enough" I say.

"I think I can decide when I have had enough" he fires back.

This is a Hardin I truly haven't seen before. You see he was always very angry before. But this Hardin has a darkness over him I don't recognize. And the complete opposite of the Hardin I was with at Landon's wedding.

I guess this is addict Hardin, and it scares me.

I text Vance to let him know I found Hardin and tell him where we are at.

"Can we go somewhere...please." I beg.

"Where Tess, should we go to you and your fiancé's place, should we go to Ken's, where do you suggest we go." He fires back.

Before I can answer in walks Vance.