Chapter 40

Tessa

I realize very quickly after dropping Hardin off at Vance's that I one can't believe I just walked away from him and two I can't go home because I told Easton I was staying with my mom.

I decide maybe I should go see the movie I told Easton I was going to see. But seeing a movie alone sounds entirely too pathetic to ever happen.

I text Landon.

Me:Hey I know you are probably packing for your honeymoon but do you mind if I stop by.

Landon: I am by my mom and kens house we have been looking for Hardin..finally heard from Vance and he's there.

Me: I am so sorry I should have texted and told you I found him.

Landon: it's okay. But yeah that's fine come on by.

You see before Hardin came back I still was really close with Landon.

Although I haven't been to Karen and kens since Hardin and I were together. I hope they don't find it weird me coming by.

When I arrive Ken opens the door. He greets me
"Nice to see you Tessa"

"It's very nice to see you Chancellor Scott." I reply
I am not sure why I replied so proper.

"Tessa honey, how are you? Can I fix you something to eat we just cleaned up dinner but I can pull something out if you are hungry?" Karen says

"Oh no I am fine thank you so much though." I reply.

Landon and Dakota are sitting at the table. Landon seems annoyed.

"Where did you find Hardin?" Landon asks.

"He was at a bar across the street from Vance's." I reply.

"So he's drinking again." Ken says disappointed.

I didn't want to be the one to disappoint Ken. I saw how proud he was of Hardin at the wedding and I think he too genuinely believed he changed. I think Landon believed it. Heck, I think I believed it.

"I don't get why, but yes" I reply saddened.