Chapter 20

Tessa

He's right even though I want him to say it but if it did it would crush me because I don't know if I can go through the next phase of my life knowing he told me that.

It's hard enough knowing he still does. I know I have to say goodbye to him and I don't know what that means. And don't feel like I can I just want to lay in his arms forever.

After shutting my eyes for a few seconds I finally sit up and tell him "I have to go".

He knows I do but I can tell his reluctance to just let me go.

"I know" he says.

I get up to grab my dress off the ground and slip it back on. "Will you zip me up?" I ask

He pushes my hair out of the way and zips my dress. I still have my back towards him and he kisses my neck.

I turn around to face him and just wrap my arms around him and push my face into his chest.

He lifts my chin up and gives me the gentlest kiss. "I'm glad you agreed to talk." He says.

"I needed to hear what you had to say." I tell him

I know I need to leave now or I never will.

I head to walk out of the door. And he backs away from it and just says "bye Tess." And I just walk away.

I get back to the room and Easton is still passed out. I decide to jump in the shower. I get into some comfy clothes and just lay there. But no part of me can even think about sleep.

I look over at Easton and realize my life has been perfect with him and can be perfect forever but is he what I want.

For the second time, Hardin has walked into my life and completely flipped it upside down.