Chapter 17

Hardin

"When are you leaving? Tess asks. Ahhhh I guess I have to tell her.

" hopefully April 1st" I reply.

"April 1st?" She questions confused. "And why hopefully?"

"Well my passport was confiscated when I got into the U.S. when I was issued a warrant for my arrest. So I spent the night in jail. Which is why I wasn't at the rehearsal dinner." I tell her which was surprisingly the easiest thing I've said so far because it just seems like one big joke.

"Why was there a warrant?" She asks.

" I guess Zed pressed charges still and since he did it after I left, I was able to leave, so I never knew about it." I tell her.

"Wow that's crazy, I'm sorry, so now what?" She asks

"I have to wait for court but my lawyer said there might be a deal and it would probably be the best they give otherwise some sort of jail time. Which consists of a fine and a 5 year no return agreement" I say.

"5 years? And you can't come back" she questions.

"Yea, I'm not a citizen and if they see me as a threat they will want to keep me out." He says. "And it just sucks that's the best case scenario."

"So obviously I had a really nice welcome back to America" I say while laughing.

She cracks a smile and hits my arm "ugh I hate you." She says sarcastically.

I grab her hand as she hits my arm and pull her in front of me on the stool and bring my other hand through her hair and behind her neck. So now she is standing between my legs.

"What are you d" She asks but I don't let her finish and I pull her face into mine and I kiss her.

My heart is beating so fast. I kiss her and she doesn't pull away. So I just keep kissing her and I move my hands down onto her low back and clasp my fingers around her. She has moved her hands around my neck. I just keep kissing her and it feels even better than I remember.