Chapter 43

Hardin

It's been a couple days since my booze fest. I did go to Ken's to get my things and it went a little like this.

"Hardin, what the hell is wrong with you?" Says Ken.

"I'm just trying to follow in your footsteps." I replied
Needless to say he didn't like that.

" I really thought you changed Hardin." He says

More words are exchanged and next thing I know he is in my face. Which in the past it's been the opposite. I keep testing his limits and he finally hit me and I just let him.

I walk away as Karen walks in. "What is going on?" She screams.

"Feel better." Is all I say as I look at him and walk away. I could taste blood in my mouth. And I used my sleeve to wipe it away. I walk into the room I was staying in and grab all my stuff and leave.

Later that day I did go to the oncologist with Vance. I signed off on all my information to be sent over from my doctor in London. This doctor had a similar plan but meant starting chemo ASAP. So that same day I had a minor surgery to get a port put in for the chemo.

And here I am sitting here getting my first chemo treatment. Vance insisted on being here, the guy literally has been up my ass since all of this. And I am being my version of "nice" so he keeps his mouth shut. But it's becoming quite the pain in the ass he doesn't leave me alone.

When we get back to Vance's I feel an overwhelming feeling of tired unlike I have ever felt before and Karen is home making dinner just the smell of it is making me sick.

" Hey guys I hope you are hungry" Karen says.

"He's not" replies Vance.

I have been staying in a spare bedroom and that is where I head to right away. I don't think this sick feeling is going to go away.

And I'm right it doesn't. It feels kind of like when I was going through withdrawal. Actually feels worse.

I haven't left the bedroom I'm staying in. I basically have crawled to the bathroom. I haven't even let Vance or Karen in. I don't want anyone to see me like this.

This kind of puts me back in the mind frame of what's the point. Why go through this if I might just die anyways. And what's really even worth fighting for.