Chapter 51

Hardin

When I wake up I look over at the clock in the room it's 7. 7PM...I guess that's what happens when you stay out all night. I quickly come to and give myself a what the fuck out loud. When I realize what happened last night or this morning or whenever that was.

I grab my shirt off the ground and as I am putting it on Molly comes in. " hey sleepy head I had to check on you a few times to make sure you weren't dead" she then tries to kneel in for a kiss over me while I'm still sitting on the bed.

I shimmy away from her and get off the bed.

"Really Hardin?" Molly says

"I have to go." I say.

I head out her bedroom door and her roommate is sitting in the kitchen turns out her roommate is that cute bartender.

"Hi again sweetheart" her roommate says.

"I didn't know you two knew each other" Molly says annoyed.

"We don't." I say.

"Your Dad was pretty pissed when you left the bar." She says.

"That wasn't my dad." I fire back.

"Oh well he said he was." She says.

"Well he's not I don't know why he told you that or said that" I say.

"He stayed for a while after you left and said you are in from London which I could tell from your accent and that he never had the chance while you were growing up to spend time with you so he has been trying to make up for it now." She says.

What the fuck is this girl talking about. And why would Vance tell her that.

"What else did he say?" I ask.

"He just said how he's scared of losing you and that you are always so amgry." She says.

My head starts racing. And I am just trying to shut it off. I grab my keys off the counter and head outside to my car. What do you know a night worth of working on it wasn't the magic fix and it's not starting. I stay out there for a while trying to get it started...nothing.

And of course it isn't something I can just fix in the parking lot of Molly's apartment complex. But I do see that bottle of jack I grabbed from Vance's house before I left last night. So I start taking swig after swig. "Why did he tell her he was my dad?" I let my mind wander.

After a while just chilling on the hood of my car in the parking lot drinking I realize I don't have my phone.

I go back up to Molly's apartment and knock on the door.

"Back so soon" Molly says.

"I forgot my phone and my car isn't starting and it's too dark to work I'm it...I need a ride" I say.

"Fine..where to?" She asks.

"I'll tell you the directions I need to get my stuff from Vance's." I reply.

"Here's your phone...and you know smell you like booze right" she says as she tosses it to me.

"Probably because I was drinking..." I reply

I see tons of missed calls and texts from Vance, my mum, ken, Landon and even Kim.

I see a text from Landon "nice of you to respond to Tessa but none of us."

I look back at my texts. Which the last text I have was when I apologized to her about being annoyed with me.

"Did you text Tessa off my phone?" I ask Molly.

"No of course not." She says.

"Wow Molly some things never fucking change what did you say to her?" I ask

"She asked if you were okay I just said you were good that's all." She insists.

I don't say anything to her the rest of the ride because I'll just get even more mad. When Molly pulls in to Vance's I realize everyone's car is there including Tessa.

Just when I am wanting Molly to bail Vance comes barging out of the house.

"Just drop me off here" I quickly yell as i slam the door as I get out.