Chapter 5

Tessa

I don't think I ever really thought Hardin and I would make it to a day like today. Did I want to? Yes, of course. But that wasn't ever going to be us.

I can't help but want to look better than I have ever looked. I know it sounds bad being engaged but I want Hardin to see what he left all those years ago.

I have replayed the first moment I would see him over and over again. It's Landon's wedding day and I will be with my fiancé so I can't exactly pick a fight with the guy plus I would come off crazy after 5 years.

Even though I have Easton now and have moved on I have been going crazy for the past 5 years with what if's. And maybe after this weekend those can be answered and I will finally get the closure I need to forget about Hardin once and for all. God I hope that's possible.

Easton met me when I was still trying to figure out what happened. I was new to Seattle and trying to navigate life in a new city without my other half. I was lost. Easton helped me he was the friend I needed when I was all alone. And he was a friend for a long time so he knows all the pain I went though with my break up with Hardin he listened to me while I cried for hours and would let me lay on his lap till I fell asleep. Most times crying myself to sleep. I felt so bad that I barely knew this guy and I would spill my guts to him about another guy. But he was so sweet and never made me feel bad about it.

Eventually when enough time passed I was able to see Easton for more than just my friend I cried to. We started to become flirty and it moved from friends to relationship very quickly. And our relationship has been perfect, literally perfect we have never fought not even a bicker.

He is a lawyer, and comes from a wealthy family. His family is a little more judgmental then Ken and Karen and not as easy to get along with but they seem to be fond of me but it is hard to tell for sure.

And my mom loves Easton, which in a way is the only downfall to him because she obsesses over everything about him and from time to time will bring up how much better he is for me than Hardin ever was.