Chapter 65

Tessa

"He's not okay" is all I say to Vance.

"I know" he replies.

All we can do is follow him and we are quickly stopped by security once we reach the stage.

And he is beyond fucked up don't get me wrong. Yet when he is out there he almost seems free of that.

I guess I never seen/heard Hardin DJ and he's really good.... even super messed up which is almost impressive.

I get the feeling Vance has the same thoughts.

"I am going to go to the opposite side of the stage so that which ever way he comes off we can catch up with him and try to get him home." Vance says to me.

While I'm standing there I can't help but be mesmerized by him. But also at the same time I just wonder why? Why has life taken him here? Why is he so weak with fighting his demons?

I wanted to just be normal with him. I ended things with Easton because I really thought that for once we could just be us. Hardin and me together and that be all that matters. I was willing to follow him so he didn't have to stop his career. I was willing to sit with him each and every day at the hospital while he goes through chemo. I just wanted to spend my days and my nights with him and know that neither of us were going anywhere. I guess that's my biggest thing why does he keep walking away from me. Why does he keep choosing this life. This life where he is alone. Where he is constantly putting himself on the line of taking it too far. Even more so now...because he's still sick that didn't just go away.

Not to mention...I'm having a baby. His baby. Our baby. I guess I could wrap my head around him walking away from me. But what I can't is him walking away from us. His child.

Regardless of what he thought or thinks I just don't get it.

When he is done he comes off the stage towards me. When he gets close enough to me he looks at me and just says. "I need help Tessa."

Vance is already on his way over from the other side of the stage.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I have a problem...what else do you want me to say." He says slightly raising his voice.

In the mean time Vance walks up. "Hardin calm down. Why don't we head to your moms and we can talk..."

"Okay" Hardin says which is shocking.

There isn't much he agrees with let alone coming with us.

But I don't question it. I let him lead the way to leave and we follow.

We get into the rental Vance has and Hardin takes the back seat.

Next thing I know I look back and he's passed out, but for the first time all night looks peaceful.

"Tessa you know we are here for you....and the baby right?" Vance says.

"I appreciate that thank you" I reply.

"So he knew about the baby before he left?" Vance asks.

"Mhmm" I simply reply.

"I am sorry. I want to understand his thinking and why he does what he does" says Vance.

"It's okay." I reply and is it...okay?....No. Nothing about him is okay.

When we get to his mum's he wakes up right away and gets out of the car. He walks right in and doesn't say anything to her just goes straight to a room that I assume is his old room.