Chapter 63

Tessa

It's been a month...a whole month.

The shock that he actually left still lingers. And I regret not picking up the phone that night and at least hearing him out. But he has obviously been just fine returning to his life and his Girlfriend and he is okay with walking away from me and this baby.

And I still haven't told anyone. I have been to the doctor and I am finally accepting that this is real even though I am still not showing. But I have been lucky enough to experience morning sickness each and every morning and sometimes a bonus afternoon.

I ended up staying with my mom for two weeks and she kept trying to convince me that I could still fix things with Easton and questioned me constantly...what was I thinking....and the Hardin is the devil speech. And she was just as confused as she was before as to why I let him in my life.

I cried a lot. What am I saying...I'm still crying a lot.

I think over Hardin and....even Easton at this point. More of a....what have I done? And I have just been feeling like a huge screw up. I have taken so much time off work that I feel like no one takes me seriously when I am there.

Vance barely looks my way when he's in. Which has been weird but he is still living separate from Kim although I know they are working on things and going to counseling.

I finally moved into my new apartment. And Landon and Dakota have helped a lot to get me settled. I am glad I went with the two bedroom because I'll need the space for the nursery.

I have this constant weird sense of being okay and going through the motions.

And I know everyone around me tip toes around the Hardin thing and won't bring him up. And little do they know I am going to be having his baby. And I guess I just keep thinking I'll keep putting off telling people until I can't anymore.

I do end up getting an email from Vance asking me if I could come into his office if I am not busy.

I am surprised by this since we haven't really spoke since the night at his house when Hardin collapsed.

When I walk in I knock on the opening of the door. "You wanted to see me?" I ask

"Uhh yea...can you close the door and have a seat" he replies.

"Is everything okay?" I ask as I sit down.

"I know something's happened between you and Hardin but I wanted to let you know no one has heard from him in a week.."He says.

"That doesn't sound too unusual for Hardin" I reply.

"Uhhh yea I know but his mom is really worried and well so am I. I am going to be getting on a plane this evening it was the first flight I could catch and I had to tie up a few things here before I left." I reply.

Without thinking I say "I'll go with you" and I really have no idea why.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes." I immediately reply even though I am terrified of the outcome. And I feel stupid for going but there seems to be genuine concern from Trish and Vance that something serious is going on and this doesn't feel like a normal Hardin being Hardin situation. At least that is what my gut is telling me.

And without thinking I try to call Hardin...straight to voicemail.

I'm scared of what we may find.

I guess even when I was watching him go through treatment I never pictured him gone. What scares me is as soon as Vance told me no ones heard from him I did. I pictured him gone....