Chapter 10

Tessa

After the reception, I notice Easton is pretty drunk. I walk him up to our room which is 237. Which I am assuming is directly below Hardin's room which is weird. The moment we walk in he lies face first into the bed. I fix his head onto the pillow and take off his shoes. He mumbles "please don't stay the night with him"

I ignore the comment and kiss him on the head once I realize he's settled I check the time and see it's 12:59 I don't want to be exactly on time because that will look desperate. So I take the elevator up and decide to walk the hallway a couple of times before I knock. Checking the time again on my phone and it's  1:07am. I figured I'm doing pretty good killing some time.

As I'm taking what I tell myself is my final lap. I hear a door open and Hardin walks out of the room. And sees me walking the opposite way of his room. He says "leaving already?"

I say "no" slightly embarrassed and walk towards him as he props open the door with his arm and let's me walk in.

I can't help but notice how good he looks. He never used to wear pants like that but man do they look amazing on him and he had to be wearing my favorite shirt. I also can't help but notice his build is different he clearly works out and I'm somehow more attracted to this man than I thought I could be. I have imagined so long being disgusted by him after what he put me through but I realized quickly that was impossible.

"I'm surprised you didn't change" Hardin says. I reply " I was already late so I decided to head up here".

"Do you want anything?" He asks. "I'll take a water if you have one" I reply knowing I'll need it. He walks to the mini fridge fully stocked and hands me one of those big bottled waters you have to pay for if you open.

"Do you want ice?" He asks. "No I'm fine" i tell him.
"You know you can sit wherever" he says. I decide to sit on the end of the bed.

He sits down with his back up against the wall towards the top of the bed.

"So did you have fun tonight?" He asks. I surprise myself and say " look I don't want to be here all night so let's just quit the small talk"

"Okay" He says. "I'll let you lead or ask or whatever your thoughts were" he quickly follows and sits up a little bit seemingly a lot less relaxed.

"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?" I ask.