Chapter 7

Hardin

Well that sucked. But god does she look beautiful. I wanted to hear her voice so bad even if it was yelling at me. In fact in a way I miss her yelling at me. But nothing she gave me nothing. I think that stung a little.

Now I have to stand up there and try not to stare directly at her.

Once I am up there I actually do a pretty good job not staring at her, but I also can't help but notice the guy sitting next to her. He's blonde with a light grey tux and a pink flowered bow tie to match Tessa's light pink dress that I did notice when she ran into me. He seems like the preppy yacht club kind of guy who played lacrosse or something lame like that.

I do notice his eyes meet mine at one point and I can just tell he knows exactly who I am. Which is fine I want him to know who I am. I guess I just hope he treats her right. Let me tell you it is a damn miracle I am able to say that even if it is to myself but the old Hardin couldn't bare the thought of her with someone else.

I am okay with it, I really am. I know we weren't meant to be and she's better off. I mean look at her. And I do finally really look at her. She looks happy but scared and I know that fear is probably coming from me and I feel terrible for that. Because I really have changed but she doesn't know that all she knows is the controlling, angry, violent Hardin.

The priest says you may now kiss your bride and I realized I was completely zoned out that entire time, I guess that's what she still does to me.

As we proceed out of the church, luckily bridal party pictures are next and going to take a while so I don't have to be ready to face her again just yet.