Chapter 32

Tessa

I decide the first thing I am going to do is go to the gym. Even though it has been a month or maybe two since I last went. I am feeling like i definitely need to just pop my headphones in, go on the treadmill and just run.

Luckily, the gym isn't busy, and I start out just walking, and end up pushing the pace, and get into a fast run. My music is interrupted by a text from Landon.

"Hey, I am really sorry to bother you about this but have you talked to Hardin today." he asks.

I quickly turn down the pace and return to just walking, and respond to his text.

"No, I saw him last night, but I didn't talk to him then either, and I haven't heard from him at all today, is everything okay" I text back concerned.

"Hardin, stormed out of lunch this afternoon, and he just seemed really on edge today, so I was just checking to see if he might have talked to you." he texts. 

What does he mean by on edge? And where would he have gone?

I decide I really can't worry about him.

The whole reason I came here, was too get my mind off of him and I want to do just that.

I break a really good sweat and after about 45 minutes I decide that was probably good enough for the first day back working out.

I take a shower, change and head to the nail salon. Now none of what I have done today has been things I had to do, my errands have become more of a self-care day.

I go back to worrying about Hardin the second I sit down in the chair to get my nails done. Why is angry Hardin coming out, especially if he says he has changed and at the wedding he was changed he was so different. I actually could see a life with that Hardin. He had this calm and strength. I didn't see that in him last night. He was dark and distant. 

All I know is I can't make him my problem again. Especially when Easton asked me to stay away. And if Hardin is back to being moody and brooding I want nothing to do with it.

I can't.