Chapter 50

Tessa

The rest of the shower is a lot of mingling. A lot of talk about Easton and I and the wedding. And future plans that I don't think I can go through with.

I know I have to talk to Easton sooner rather than later.

The ride home between us from the shower has been fairy quiet.

"You looked really beautiful today babe." He says.

"Aww thank you." I reply.

When we get up to our apartment I look at my phone from hours ago that I am just now able to check and it's from Vance.

The text says "Hi Tessa. Sorry to bother you on your special day I was just wondering if you have heard from Hardin today?"

Then another from Landon.

"Hey, I know it's your shower today but Christian let Ken know that Hardin left a bar pretty drunk this morning and now no one knows where he is. Have you talked to him?"

So Hardin isn't at Vance's or Ken's house....
I'm sure he is out drinking somewhere if last they saw him he was at a bar.

I reply to both of them "I'm so sorry I just saw your message now. And no but I'll text him and see if he answers."

I text him "hey your family is looking for you, just making sure you're okay."

He actually responds right away. "I'm good."

"Okay... well they're worried about you don't you think you should let them know where your at." I reply

"How about you just worry about you okay." He texts back.

Why is he being so impossible.

"I thought you changed" I text back.

"Tessa just live your perfect little life and stop worrying about what I am doing. We aren't together. Just stop. I don't want you in my life that's why I left you in the first place." He texts back.

Well to say that didn't sting would be an understatement. He came back as if he still had feelings for me and now this. Why does it feel like my heart is shattering into a billion pieces again and he's right we aren't together.

I send a text off to Vance and Landon just letting them both know he answered me but he wouldn't tell me where he was.

Easton is showering in the next room and I am broken hearted over my ex. This is great...

Regardless of the fact that there is no Hardin and I and clearly not going to be one. I have to be honest with Easton. And it has to be tonight...

He gets out of the shower with a towel around his waist and using another towel to dry his hair and face. He looks over at me and immediately can tell something is wrong.

"Babe, what's wrong...are you okay?" Easton asks

"...yea, yea I'm okay I just I need to talk to you." I say taking a deep breath.

"Uh okay what is it?" He asks confused.

"I...uhhh Idk" I reply.

"Just tell me whatever it is" he says.

"I don't think....I just think we should maybe take a break." I blurt out.

"A break? ...We are getting married in a month in a half." He shouts

"I know. And..." I say

He interrupts "it's him isn't it...have you been sleeping with him?" He questions with a louder tone.

"It's not him. It's me. My heart and my head are in two different places right now and I just need time." I reply.

"We had our wedding shower today...so you realize how messed up this is?" He asks getting even more loud which I have never heard before.

"I know I am so sorry I didn't think any time was a good time and I know this isn't either I just don't know what else to do and I'm so sorry I do love you and the last thing I want is to hurt you." I say genuinely.

I move closer to him and try to hug him but he gets up and moves towards the dresser.

"What is it about him that you can't let go of?" He asks.

"I promise it is not him. I just need some space and time." I reply.

"I feel like I can't even look at you." He says.

"I'm so sorry." I say back.

"Can you please just go!" He shouts.

I don't want to keep upsetting him so I grab my phone, purse and keys and walk out.

I get a text from Kim as I am leaving. "Hey I am sorry about earlier at the shower. I just know Christian has been really consumed lately with worrying about Hardin and I wasn't sure if you could help."

I end up calling her and she could tell something is wrong right away and tells me to come by. And well since I have no where else right now I figured it's better then sitting in my car somewhere.