Chapter 64

Hardin

"Can you give us a minute?" I say to Riley the girl who's with me. Who Tessa probably thinks is my "girlfriend"

Vance doesn't say anything he just sits down next to me after Riley gets up.

I used to hook up with her in the past but not since I have been back. Right now we just have...well been doing this.

Vance put his head down into his hands for at least a minute and then just looks up at me. "Why?" He asks as he points down to the drugs still lying out on the table.

Tessa is just standing back by the doorway. I kind of ignore the fact that he even spoke. I can't help but look at her and how beautiful she looks even with how angry she looks. Yet she is here...But I am also very confused as to why she's here.

"Answer him." She demands and I snap out of it.

"Why what?" I ask

"This...Your mum hasn't heard from you in a week and she has been worried sick. Why else do you think we would be here?" Vance replies

"Well to join the party of course..." I say not really thinking ...god I'm fucked up.

"Hardin you need to come with us and go home to your mums house and get back into rehab and stop doing this.....And your mum said you missed your last treatment too."Vance says.

"Alright well I'm good, perfectly fine actually so you can be on your way." I say.

"Hardin you aren't good and we aren't leaving until you come with us." Tessa says

"Well then I guess you're staying." I say as I chug the rest of my drink.

"Do you want a drink since you're staying for the party?" I ask as I pour myself another. "How about you Tess, oh that's right you can't?"

Vance goes to grab the bottle out of my hand and I surprisinglylet him.

"Fair enough" I say.

Vance clearly didn't catch the comment I made to Tessa.

"How is the little bun anyways?" I ask motioning to Tessa.

"You don't get to ask me that?" Tessa yells clearly irritated.

Vance is clearly confused. "Are you pregnant?" He asks Tessa.

"She didn't tell you?...well cheers, grandpa" I say to Vance since he still hasn't said anything.

"Except she is going to pull a Trish Daniel and be with a different guy. And who knows maybe I'll pull a you and show up sometime in the kids twenties." I say.

"What are you talking about Hardin?" Tessa quickly questions.

"I'm just confused Tessa why you are even here." I say

"Because I was worried about you." She replies.

"Your last text would have lead me to believe the opposite." I reply.

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

Vance is just very confused still by everything going on.

"Your text you sent me last week Tessa." I yell and take down another big sip of my drink.

"I haven't texted you since you left." She replies.

"No, you said something along the lines of you wish you never met me, I ruined your life and my favorite part you got back together with Easton....and I was never going to be good enough that doesn't ring a bell" I reply.

"Hardin I never texted you that." She insists.

I had everything ready to leave back to the states. I was going to fight for Tessa and my family. And beg her to give me another chance. I was getting everything all set so I could leave in the next week and tie up all my loose ends here and then that text came through. And everything flipped. And changed everything for me...

"Then who did?" I ask

"I don't know.... I assume my mom I was staying with her" she replies.

"Hardin can we just get out of here." Vance insists as he tries to grab the drink out of my hand.

"That's fine take it." I say as I lean down to take another hit.

"Stop!" Tessa screams as she pushes me back into the couch.

"Just stop." She demands again.

I look at both of them and it hits me just how fucked up I really am.

"Can you just come with us please!" She insists again.

And just as I am about to answer my manager comes in. "Scott you are costing me money...and I thought I told you two that you couldn't be back here." He says as he looks at Tessa and Vance.

"Yea I'm going to go do my set." I reply.

"No he was just leaving." Vance says.

"No. I wasn't." I say as I take that hit Tessa tried stopping me from taking and then immediately leave the room.

All I keep hearing as I walk away is Vance and Tessa begging me to stop.....