Chapter 57

Hardin

To say I'm sick of all of this would be an understatement.

I just feel like I need to get out of here sooner rather than later.

I need to get back to work. Real work and that means back to London. Not because my manager came here. But because I am done being in a hospital hoping to get better.

Whatever I can do to make it happen now and get out of here is what I have to do.

I'm scheduled to talk with my doctor in 2 days. And I am going to tell him I'm leaving and that he can send my treatment plan to my doctor in London.

I'm just done. I don't want to be here in this hospital for a second more. I'll do our patient like I was doing before but I'm not staying in a hospital.

The only thing providing me some sanity here is Madi and her helping me with prepping the date for Tessa even though I am going to have to tell her I am leaving sooner rather than later. But I don't want to think about that right now.

Madi is a great distraction actually the best distraction right now. Madi used to be a college basketball player so she has begged me since I met her to play basketball in the courtyard with her.

I remember when I was younger Ken and I would always shoot hoops in the ally.

I remember some nights I would wait till it got dark for him to come home to play and he would just never come home from the bar.

Eventually I hated playing. And I remember being really good and loving the game but he ruined that for me too....But it's been a long time but....I finally agree to Madi's pleas.

To say we both have minimal energy would be an understatement. Yet I have found a way to find some to play her and is surprisingly the most fun I have had in a while.

We are out there playing and I grab Madi from behind and try to grab the ball away from her while pulling her close to me. Trust me this is just me getting the ball, but of course Tessa walks into the courtyard in this exact moment.

"Hey..you" I say once I notice her. But also thinking oh shit.

"Umm hi" Tessa replies clearly annoyed.

"Hi!! I'm Madi you must be Tessa, Hardin has told me so much about you!" Says Madi as she goes up to Tessa.

"Sorry I'm a hugger" Madi says as she brings Tessa in for a hug.

"Nice to meet you..." Tessa says reluctantly.

"I didn't think you were coming until later." I say

"Well sorry to interrupt your game." Tessa says

"No no you weren't, we were just having fun." Madi says.

"I could see that." Says Tessa

Madi can tell Tessa is clearly mad.

"I am going to go back to my room....Tessa it was nice to meet you. Hardin I'll see you later." Says Madi.

Tessa and I stay back
And have a seat at the picnic table.

I lean in to give her a kiss and she turns away.

"What was that?" I ask