Chapter 35

Hardin

"What are you doing here?" I ask Vance.

"Why don't you both come back to my place" says Vance.

Why the hell would I go to his place. And just because I didn't hit him in his office doesn't mean I won't now.

I ignore him and grab my drink back out of Tessa's hand and finish it.

Vance grabs my arm.

"Alright, I think we are done here" Vance says, as he tries to get me to get up to leave.

I pull my arm out of his grip and swing my elbow back hitting Vance in the lip. He puts his hand to his lip and blood drips into his hand. Clearly his next instinct is to hit me back. And next thing I know we are on the ground going at it. He got a couple good shots in before a cop working security at the front of the bar grabs me and brings me outside.

Next thing I know I am sitting on a curb outside the bar with my hands cuffed behind my back.

The cop is talking to Tessa and Vance and then a squad car pulls up. The cops stand me up and pin me against the car and ask if I have any drugs or weapons on me. I respond "no".

I am now facing Tessa and I see the disappointment all over her face and that is really getting to me. The cop reaches into my back pocket and pulls out my wallet. He opens it up and a bag of coke falls out.

I can see Tessa and Vance now even more disappointed then they already were. And the thing is I hadn't used since being here...I bought it but I just put it in my wallet.

The cop throws the coke onto the hood of the squad car and continues to search me.

He puts me in the car but still hasn't said I am under arrest.

A few minutes pass that feel like forever and the officer comes back and tells me to get out and turn around and he takes the handcuffs off.

"You are free to go, get out of here before I change my mind" he says.

I really have no idea what is going on but I just start walking away. Tessa follows.

"Get in my car, I am parked right here." she says.

I'm surprised she wants to even be near me at this point. But if I really want to stay out of trouble tonight I am going to get in the car with her.

"We are going to the ER to get your hand checked out." she says.

"Tess.....I'm sorry"those are the only words I can get out to say, and she doesn't respond. The car ride is silent.