Chapter 3

Tessa

Easton and I arrive at the rehearsal dinner and I see no sign of Hardin. I don't want to ask about him in front of Easton but I can't help but wonder why he isn't here.

I also can't help but think this is a good thing. I was in full blown panic mode all day with the thought of seeing him. I know if he isn't here today, for sure he will be at the wedding.

He wouldn't not come to Landon's wedding. Would he?

"Landon!!" "I can't believe tomorrow is the big day!!!" I say with excitement.

" I really can't wait to marry my best friend" he replies. Easton shakes his hand and tells him congrats. "Yes, I am going to get a drink do you want anything?" He asks. "Yes please, another glass of wine" I reply.

When Easton walks away. I use it as my opportunity to ask. "Where is your dad?" "He is on his way, he called he was on his way to get Hardin and his flight got delayed, so he told my dad to go on without him." Landon also makes a point of saying "but he is on his way so he will be here tomorrow, are you going to be okay with that?" He asks.

"Yes I will be fine that was a long time ago and besides I have Easton now." I reply. Easton returns with my drink and we enjoy the rest of our evening(well sort of).

I feel like my heart hasn't stopped beating at a thousand beats per minute since Monday when I knew this was the week I would be seeing him.

Seeing the man who broke me, who destroyed me, who left me. Who at the very mention of his name still breaks my heart into a million pieces. How is it after all these years he still does this to me.