Chapter 26

Tessa

Why am I so stupid?

I left my fiancé last night and slept with my ex. Now I just lied to my fiancé to go meet up with him and he doesn't even show up.

What is wrong with me? And what was I thinking? This is the same guy who let me walk into an apartment we shared together where he was just gone and all his stuff and that I heard nothing from for 5 years. I get that the last 5 years weren't easy for him, but they also weren't hard. From the sounds of it he is super successful and lives an incredible life that he was okay leaving me behind for. And I was stupid enough to think for a second that we could drop everything and make us work after all this time.

I finally get a call and text at 530pm from him. And I just can't respond. I need to take this as a sign that he walked away for a reason and we aren't meant to work.

I need to have the strength to once and for all move on with my life. With Easton and be happy and to put Hardin out of my head and life and this is it. I'm done.

Sitting at the end of the dock I can't help but think about how I felt after finding out about the bet. And yeah a lot happened after that and we were able to work through it. But I was so dumb then and I believed everything he said to me.

And I know he was so vulnerable last night and everything he was saying was true. But that doesn't mean anything about us would work now.

I drive back and walk into my apartment I share with Easton he has dinner made. And I immediately can't help the guilt that fills over me.

"Hey babe how was the massage?" He asks.

"It was good, I feel better." I lie.

"My buddies from college are in town this weekend and asked if we would want to go out with them tonight" he says.

"I am kind of tired but sure that sounds good I'll take a shower and get ready after we eat" I say.