Chapter 22

Tessa

Easton finally wakes up around 10am. The first thing out of his mouth. "Do we have any tylenol or IBprofin, my head is pounding." 

I shuffle through the care bag that Dakota made up for the guests staying at the hotel and I find a small sample size tylenol.

"Here you go, I found some in the bag" I reply.

"Did you ever leave to go talk to Hardin, I don't remember anything after the elevator after the reception." he says.

"Yes, we talked for a little bit."I reply...scared of what his next question may be.

"How did that go?" he asks.

"Fine, it was good to catch up. Hes a music producer." I reply.

I think he's still drunk because his next comment shocks me. "oh, cool. I don't want you to see him again." he says.

"Excuse me." I reply slightly raising my voice which I have never done before with Easton.

"I saw the way you looked at each other, and I don't want my fiance around someone who is clearly in love with her." he says.

How did I look at him? I quickly wonder. Did Hardin notice this look? I also wonder. And clearly still in love with me...is he still in love with me?

"He will be going back to London soon, so nothing to worry about." I reply.

The rest of the day is weird between Easton and I. We go out to breakfast and do some shopping in town, and meet our wedding planner for afternoon tea with his parents. And I can't help but feel although my body is physically there, I am not there.

All I keep thinking about is Hardin and what he is doing. It is 3pm, and I already told Easton I was getting a massage and facial at 4pm as my excuse to leave. And he doesn't question it. So i start driving to the stream. I feel jittery like a 13 year old girl going to meet a boy behind their parents back.