Chapter 41

Hardin

I wake up that morning at Vance's to Smith just staring at me.

I also feel like absolute shit. Not because I have cancer but because I drank a shit ton of alcohol.

"Good morning Hardin! I made eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage and waffles pretty much everything. I didn't know what you would want but I thought you would be hungry" says Kim.

"Really..." I look to Vance. "What happened to not telling anyone?" I knew he told her Kim would never be this nice to me.

" I told her before you got here and you told me not to tell anyone." He replies.

Seeing how Kim looks at me is exactly what I didn't want she looks like she has already been to my funeral and is mourning my death.

"Thanks Kim I'll just take some coffee right now" i say.

"The oncologist can get you in at noon today, if you wanted to shower and I can take you by Kens quick to grab some fresh clothes" Vance says.

I end up not responding to Vance and walk outside to the patio with my coffee. I take a seat and I just feel angry. Like why? Why now? Why when everything feels like I had the chance to get it back...

I feel excruciating pain 24/7 and I have for a few months now. The first day I get that pain to go away was that night with Tessa. The next day it hit me like a ton of bricks. All of it.

Vance sits down next to me. "I know you don't want this and I know why you did what you did yesterday but Hardin this isn't going to just go away." He says.

" I know." I reply.

"I think you should stay here while you are getting treatment." Vance says.

"What am I supposed to tell my dad?" I quickly ask.

"Why can't you just tell him..?" Vance asks.

I mean he will eventually know right I'm sure my physical appearance is going to change.

"I don't know. I know I need to I just don't know how to tell anyone I guess." I reply. And I am not ready. I'm more okay with them just thinking I decided to drink again. (Which I did) then them knowing I have cancer.