Chapter 28

Tessa

I should have known a night out would have meant running into Hardin....

And he smokes now?

I could tell he was ashamed at first then, he seemed to not care as I was walking away which was weird and he didn't say anything to me.

We find a booth to sit in, and as soon I sit down I notice a table with Jace, Zed, Molly and Steph. This can't be happening. Did he really come here with them. Why is he even at a club anyways if hes sober. And again why is he here with them. I am really trying to keep my cool so Easton doesn't catch on to anything being wrong. And all I can do is pray none of them come over here or see me for that matter.

I notice Hardin walk back in and sit down with them. Since this is feeling like old times, I am just waiting for Molly to be all over Hardin. But shes not, she keeps her distance. Also, how is Hardin just sitting at the same table as Zed. 

My thoughts move too quickly and I see Zed get up and he is walking towards our booth. "Hey Tessa, it's been a long time." he says.

"Hi everyone I am Zed, I went to college with Tessa." he quickly follows up. Everyone embraces him and shakes his hand and says hello including Easton.

"Hey, it's good to see you." I say as I reluctantly stand up and give him a hug, and see Hardin's eyes dart over at us.

"I was just about to grab another drink, did you guys want anything." says Zed.

"I think we are okay thank you though." replies Easton.

"I will walk up there with you, I was going to grab another." I say.

This is a bad idea...I know Hardin is probably losing his mind right now. But I need to stop caring about what he thinks. My fiance is right there, and he is perfectly fine and that is all I should be worried about.

Zed cuts right to the chase. "So this is super weird, right? First of all Hardin is back, and you are here....and I don't even know my head is reeling." he says.

"Yea, you are right it's strange for sure but we have both moved on...but what about with you and Hardin?" I ask

"What about me and Hardin?" he answers surprised.

Does he really not know?...."Hardin, got arrested when he got to the airport because there was a warrant out for the charges you pressed against him." I say.

"ohhhh shit really...i forgot about that" he says laughing.

"Can't you  do something now, he could be in a lot of trouble and that was a long time ago." I say. 

"Ahh I don't know Tess, do you really think he's changed?" He asks.

That's a question I keep asking myself. And I still really don't know the answer to it. but do I think he deserves to have his life flipped upside down again over something that happened 5 years ago...no.

"That I don't know....but he did get kicked out of school over it, so can't we just agree that was punishment enough." I say.

I can tell his expression looks puzzled and he pauses. "No he didn't." says Zed.

What does he mean "no he didn't" even Landon told me he got kicked out. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask. 

"Hardin, never got kicked out, that was why I pressed charges. I didn't think it was fair he was just going to get away scott free literally." says Zed. 

Hardin never got kicked out. Hardin never got kicked out. That just keeps replaying over and over in my head. It doesn't change the fact that he left me. But, I thought he had to, because he got kicked out of school, and to find out he was able to stay and he still left, is hurting me all over again.