Book Worm (Chris Evans)

A/N: I've been wanting to do a Chris Evans one shot for a while, I might do more, idk, we'll see. Anyways here we go. This is just some straight up fluff not even gonna lie.

I walked in from another day at work. I was a high school English teacher for this preppy type fancy academy in New York City. A prep school basically. I was still waiting for my husband to get back from a few interviews, so in the meantime, I took a shower, got dressed in Nike shorts and a sweatshirt, and plopped myself on the couch alongside Dodger to begin grading more papers. I slipped on my glasses and began the grueling process of grading mostly Cs and Bs for my honors students (with a few gem As) because of course I was a hard, but good, teacher. At least, that's what most students say. Finally, Chris walked in with take out. "Hey honey." My husband called out.

"Hey babe." I responded as he walked over to kiss me. He lifted my head and gave a soft kiss to my lips, as Dodger rushed to gather some of his attention too. After my attention from Chris, he soon moved onto Dodger giving him some praises and good scratches.

"So how was your day at work?" He asked setting his coat from the below-freezing New York weather on one of the island chairs in the kitchen.

"Pretty good. Yours?" I responded.

"Another day. But seeing you always brightens it up." He said and smiled at me.

"You're cliche phrases always flatter me," I said giving a smile back as Dodger readjusted himself next to me and the fireplace (which was heating up he and I to a comfortable temperature on top of the heating system).

"And Mrs. Evans the English teachers comes out once more." He said.

"It's more my nature," I said and smirked, getting up to help him with some of the food we ordered.

After a nice dinner, discussion, laughter, and eventually on the couch with Chris reading over the best papers I had graded and praised them, he handed me a bag with something wrapped in it. "Also, I got you a little something today,"

"Well isn't that sweet of you," I smiled taking the item out. I took a quick sip of wine before unwrapping it only to reveal a first edition of The Sound and the Fury, one of my favorite books in my curriculum, and in all of literature (Faulkner was my favorite author too).

"Christopher Robert Evans-" I began, "I- um- I-" I stuttered and smiled, "This is just absolutely incredible! Where did you find it?"

"I know people," he said and smirked, "and I'm glad you like it." I began flipping through the pages. It was in perfect condition.

"This is going in the rare bookcase. I'm going to break this." I said and he let out a small chuckle, as I placed it on the old wooden bookcase next to the fireplace, in which no one but me (and sometimes Chris) was allowed to touch without special permission. As I carefully place the book on the second shelf from the top where all my Faulkner books are, Chris reminds me he's going to take a shower. I nod and he goes. I then curl back up on the couch for more grading on this cold winter night.

Outside the large windows in our apartment living room it's snowing quite heavily, perfect time to speed grade. I don't know why but whenever grading I love this warm cozy feel, it overall makes the experience much better, making my students happier because I tend to give better grades when I'm happy. And I was definitley happy after my present.