Snow Day (C.E.)

(A/N: This is just some fluff I wanted to write, not much else to it. It's definitely not my best piece but like I said, it's just pure fluff. Enjoy!)

It was a typical Wednesday morning. Chris and I got up at 6 to get ready before waking up the kids at 7. While I was brushing my teeth I got a call from the School System. I answered (obviously) only to be informed that schools in the district were closed for a snow day.

This wasn't shocking to say the least. It was the first snow day of the year, but it snowed almost 10 inches out and would be nearly impossible if not extremely dangerous for parents to drive and kids to walk to school. "Do you want to tell them?" I asked my husband as I spat out my tooth paste.

"If you insist." he smiled, well aware that this would make their days.

"Wait-" I reminded him, "Let Lily sleep, she's a teenager and needs it." he nodded understanding. He walked down the hall still in his pajama pants and t-shirt to break the news to our four kids, well, three of them at least.

Within a minute I heard their small voices exclaim, "Snow day!" And little pitter patters come to our bedroom, which I chuckled at. "Snow day!" I heard voices yell as I approached our bedroom, only to see all three of them on the bed jumping up and down, Chris monitoring to make sure no one would get hurt. "What're we gonna do today Mama?" Our 6 year old Max asked me.

"I don't know baby," I told him as he climbed into my arms, "Maybe watch some Disney movies, play in the snow-"

"That sounds fun!" He said excitedly.

"Then that's what we'll do." I smiled.

.

"Just be careful out there okay?" I told Chris as he stepped outside having to go to numerous all day meetings, back to back.

"I will sweetheart I promise."

"Okay," I said and smiled as he gave me a quick peck on the lips before leaving.

All day was spent curling up with the kids and watching Disney movies. We had grilled cheese for lunch before they sat down to watch some more. All of them insisted they wanted to wait until Chris got home to play outside.

When his car finally rolled up at 4, they were all eager to put on their snow pants and boots before heading out with their dad.

"C'mon dad hurry up!" Sydney, our second oldest complained. "You're taking too longgggg."

"Give me a sec." He said back pulling on his boots. "Are you sure you don't need help?" He asked coming up to me.

"I'm fine," I said and lightly smiled, "I'll start on the soup for dinner." He gave me a quick kiss on the head before chasing the kids outside.

They all came stumbling in covered in snow about 45 minutes later. I smiled but rolled my eyes at how immature they all looked. "Now go upstairs and clean yourselves up."

"But mommmmm-" Max complained.

"What did I tell you to do?" I asked again but in a more motherly tone.

"Fine." He huffed.

"Yeah, fine." Our youngest, Peter, repeated.

"Thank you." I said and continued stirring the soup as Chris came up and tried to hug me from behind. I maneuvered away.

"That includes you." He huffed and too went upstairs.

Soon they all came down dressed in new clothes (sweatpants and sweatshirts) to sit down for dinner. The kids all talked about their lives which hadn't changed much. Lily told us all her 16 year old gossip, which Chris was extremely interested in (it was funny to be honest), and Max elaborated on how annoying subtraction is.

After that we watched the Little Mermaid (which we had purposefully waited to watch with Chris). And ate popcorn with ice cream.

But these were the nights Chris and I had kids for. Where it was all 6 of us just there and enjoying each other's company. "I love you." Chris whispered as we were snuggles next to each other with the kids scattered around the room.

"I love you too." I whispered back and nudged my head onto his shoulder.

Within two hours all the kids were up to bed and ready for schools the next day. As I was preparing to take a shower Chris stopped me. "And where do you think you're going?" he asked me as if I had signed up for something I was going to miss.

"To take my shower." I told him.

"Not so fast." he drug me and my arm to the bedroom. "You took care of the kids all day, now it's my turn to take care of you." I blushed at his words.

"That was super sweet." I lightly nudged him and chuckled. He pulled me onto the bed with him, and immediately wrapped me in his arms turning on the TV and giving me a kiss on the head.