Fangirls (S.R.)

Steve was a pretty relaxed person. Or so he seemed so on the surface.

Of course, he was stressed about work quite a bit. I mean, saving the world would produce some anxiety. And coming home from missions was tiring both mentally and physically, that was until he saw you.

You were a mid-level S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Ideally, you never thought you'd meet Steve Rogers, Captain America. That was until you found yourself assisting him on a mission gone wrong emergency, and took a gunshot to the arm for him, which caused him to freak out despite the fact that he had never seen you in his life.

Yet your selfless action to save someone who could most likely save himself left a good impression on America's golden boy. And long story short, a simple coffee he paid for in thanks for your actions, turned into a three-year relationship of love and bliss.

But the one things that seemed to stress out Steve quite a bit were the fangirl interactions. He appreciated his fans, of course, a lot were very respectful. And he especially adored kid fans, it always brightened his day when a small kid walked around with a Captain America shirt, or managed to notice him and freaked out.

But the fangirls... those are a different breed. What made these encounters so uncomfortable was the "I love you, Steve!" in high pitch voices or the marriage proposals he occasionally got or the ones who called him hot. And he could've sworn quite a few of them were minors, which freaked him out even more.

So public events were difficult for him. Thankfully, he of course always took you as his date. And Tony always invited you, despite Steve's plus one that he would always use with you. "Ready, doll?" Steve came out of your bathroom, buttoning his jacket.

"Yeah," You said stumbling out still putting on one of your heels, "Now I am." Steve lightly chuckled at the sight of you still attempting to get one shoe on while also trying not to fall over. "Don't laugh!" You scolded him. "I'm not very swift."

"You're a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, it's your job."

"Shut up." You mumbled and he laughed.

"You look beautiful." He pointed out and took your hand.

"Thank you," You smiled, "You look handsome yourself."

"Thank you." He smiled back.

You two made your way down to the commons where everyone else was seated. Of course, Tony had gotten numerous limos because he's Tony. It's all or nothing with him.

"Y/N, lookin' fine as always." Sam smiled from the couch he sat across from you and Steve.

"Thanks, Sam," You smiled. You could see Bucky roll his eyes.

"You look incredible Y/N." He added on.

"Thanks, Buck, that's sweet." You could feel Steve's grip from his arm behind you tighten a bit, in his protective fashion you knew.

"C'mon slowpokes!" Tony called out, "We're gonna be late to the party if we don't go now!"

"Tony, it's your party." Nat pointed out.

"So?" He asked, "I'm asking you all as the party arranger, to be on time. Is that too much to ask?" Most of the group rolled their eyes and made their way down the large elevator and to the first floor.

Of course, there were already paparazzi and swarming fans outside. You could've easily mistaken the crowd for The Oscars, but no. It was just a group of superheroes making their way to a Stark event. But as mentioned earlier, lots of girls had their eyes on Steve.

You could practically feel the tension that began to rise in his body, so you grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze for reassurance. The group of you were immediately greeted outside the door by flashes and security holding back barricades of screaming fans. "Steve!" You could hear a few girls shout. He briefly looked over and gave them a light smile. Then they all screamed some more. "Guys, he looked at me!" You two could hear a few of them gossip upon.

As much as you hated to say it, the comments partially boosted your confidence. Because no one else could have Steve other than you. You were the one who woke up next to him, who went of runs with him and Sam and had started to plan a life with. "You alright Stevie?" You asked as you two sat in the back of the limo near Sam and Bucky.

"Yeah," He lightly smiled and nodded, "Just the chaos, ya know?" You nodded and rubbed his hand.

"It's okay," You lightly smiled back, "We just have to get through one more crowd of chaos, then we'll be in."

You battled the second crowd, quickly getting into the large hall where you were greeted with waiters handing out countless glasses of champagne, that was most likely too expensive for most. You and Steve sipped on yours as the two of you talked to various party-goers, starting with your own group and moving to various politicians and congressmen who were involved with a few bills Steve was pushing heavily to pass.

After meandering around for a while, and being served dinner, you and Steve decided to dance. It was simply a slow dance, but nonetheless, you always enjoyed dancing with him, whether it be in sweatpants on the hardwoods floor of your apartment, or in large, extravagant gatherings like the current setting. "You look absolutely stunning." He whispered into your ear as you two slowly waltzed around. You blushed and smiled.

"Thank you." You whispered back, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

The night finally wrapped up, and you once again had to make it past the crowds of fangirls waiting for Steve and hoping to catch a glance. You once again held Steve's hand quite tight in your own, hoping to calm him down and give him some assurance that you were there.

You two managed to get through the last crowd at Stark Tower, and up to our floor. "You alright Steve?" You asked him as you two began changing into sleep attire.

"Yeah, just still overwhelmed from everything."

"I know," You sighed as you two got into bed next to each other, you placing your hand in his hair and beginning to play with it. "Just take deep breaths, love." He nodded and placed his head on your shoulder. "We can talk to Tony about getting some additional security if you would like."

"I think I can deal with it." He sighed, "Hopefully."

"Whatever you need Stevie, just do what you need to."