Value (B.B.)

"I'm so sick and tired of dating!" You ranted to Bucky, your best friend of the last two years. He and you were sipping on beers, and eating a pizza on his couch. "No offense, because this doesn't apply to you, but men are trash." He lightly chuckled.

"Thanks, doll," He lightly smiled. Your legs were thrown over his lap, his hand resting on your lower thigh.

"But why even try anymore?" You sighed, taking another bite of your pizza, "I feel like there's no point if I'm going to get heartbroken again and again."

"You just need to find someone who genuinely loves you for you," Bucky responded.

"Yeah but," You began, "Guys want extremely thin girls who are all girly and will submit to them when they please. Meanwhile, I still eat food off of my shirt and could probably eat an entire box of mac n cheese by myself." Bucky chuckled.

"Decent guys want girls with good personality," He said taking another sip out of his bottle, "And to be honest when girls act like guys it makes us feel better. It shows that you're in it for the friendship and romance." You sighed.

"I've just been with douchebags."

"Damn right you have." He stated, "You deserve someone who values you for who you are." You rolled your eyes and smiled.

"That's sweet Buck, but my value is not that high."

"Sure it is doll," He said, "Lots of guys would kill to call you there's."

"Sure." You said sarcastically and rolled your eyes.

"You're a beautiful dame, you're extremely intelligent, and you have one of the greatest personalities I've ever met."

"Thanks, Bucky," You smiled. Then you got a though, a little reluctant to ask. But why not? "Would you ever date me?" You asked lightly. He paused for a second, causing your anxiety to spike.

"Probably," He said.

"Probably?" You asked.

"Yeah, I would." He said, "I mean, I don't think you would want me but-"

"Are you out of your mind James Buchanan Barnes?" You sat up to face him eye to eye, "You are literally the sweetest man alive with the biggest heart, you have a terrible yet incredible sense of humor, and you're damn hot. You're like a sex god!" He lightly chocked on his food. He looked up at you again, your eyes meeting. You could see his blue orbs travel down to your lips and back up, as he slowly moved in, you did the same. 

You both leaned into a searing kiss, engaging in it for quite a while, before baking away with swollen lips. "I really liked that." You said and lightly chuckled.

"I did too," He looked at you for a moment, "We should do that more often."

"Yeah, we should." You both leaned back to your initial positions on the couch, despite what had just happened.

"So why don't I take you out? Next Friday?"

"Sure." You smiled.

-A few days later-

You and Bucky were hand in hand, smiling and walking around the streets of New York after he had taken you out. "Why don't we go get some ice cream?"

"Yes please." You smiled as he chuckled. Bucky and you walked in, him graciously ordering for both of you, as he knew your favorite flavor was Y/F/F. "You're so basic, Buck. Always getting vanilla."

"Vanilla's good though!" He fought back. You lightly laughed. "Besides, I have to experiment with you enough as is."

"Hey, you love everything I make."

"I do love everything you make," He smiled, "Despite how ridiculous it can sometimes be." Just as you two continued your walk, you were stopped.

"Y/N!" You heard someone from behind you. Both you and Bucky whipped around to be greeted by one of your ex's Todd, next to a skinny blonde, who was quite the opposite of you, physically at least.

"Hey, Todd." You smiled at him.

"It's been a while." He lightly smiled.

"Yeah, it has," You replied.

"So, how are you?"

"I'm great, you?" You attempted to at least some of the awkwardness in the air from the conversation. Yet you felt even more awkward, standing in front of this beautiful and skinny woman who was now with your ex. It reminded you that nearly every single person you had been with had moved on to a girl who in your opinion at least, was much better looking than you. Most of the time, you felt like a four compared to these tens.

"I'm doing pretty good," He sighed, "Well it was great seeing you."

"You too," You tightly smiled, "Have a great night."

"You too." He said and you two went your separate ways.

"I never liked him," Bucky said once you two were out of earshot.

"I know," You responded, "I could basically feel your glare on him."

"Well, he was the one that forgot about your birthday and went out to a bar with his friends instead." You sighed.

"I know, Buck." You almost felt slightly ashamed in front of him to have dated someone like that, and of course, Bucky could tell.

"He wasn't worth it," He reminded you, "You're way better than him."

"Thanks." You tried to smile, but of course, it was fake.

"Hey, listen to me," Bucky stopped you two in the park you were walking, lightly pulling you to the side, "You're nothing against him or that girl he had. Okay? You're so much more than either of them."

"But Bucky she was gorgeous and-"

"You're gorgeous too." He said, making eye contact despite your heigh difference, "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Truly. Men drool over you, trust me. You just don't notice because you have more important things to worry about. Also because you're extremely smart." You lightly smiled, getting on your tiptoes to give him a kiss.

"Thanks, Bucky. I appreciate it a lot." He lightly smiled back, caressing your cheek.

"Why don't we go back to your place and dance?"

"Dance?" You asked, taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"Yes, dance." He said.

"I don't know how to dance."

"I've never taught you?" He seemed shocked. You shook your head. "Then I'll teach you first thing when we get there. Can't let you get away with working in that pretty little dress of yours."

"Oh shut up." You nudged him.

"What? Your ass looks great in it-"

"James!" You snapped, and he began laughing, "We're in public!"

"Yeah, and I can guarantee you I'm not the only one looking." You nudged him again, this time harder. "Now come on darling, the faster you walk the quicker I can teach you to dance."