No more lies (S.R.)

"Y/N I was just trying to protect you-"

"From what Steve, the truth?" I turned around as tears continued to stain my face. "This isn't even about Bucky anymore this is about you lying to me, keeping secrets!" He put his head down, "Is there anything else I should know before we sit down and have a civil conversation about what the hell we're supposed to do?" He shook his head, and I lightly nodded sitting next to him like I said I would. There were a few awkward moments of silence that started.

"I didn't tell you because I knew it would hurt you."

"Losing my parents hurt Steve," I began, "I was 7. Tony was already off to college and the next thing I knew I was being transferred from family member to family member until Tony was finally able to take me in after 5 years. That hurt Steve."

"I know I should've told you." He sighed. There were a few more moments of silence.

"Steve," I began, "I want to help Bucky because that wasn't him doing it. But I need assurance from you that you won't keep a single secret from me. Ever again, big or small." He looked up at me before lightly nodding.

"I promise." He said barely above a whisper.

The arrangments were made that Bucky would be taken to Wakanda, and go under the ice. I was on the Quinjet with Bucky and Steve, where Bucky seemed really uneasy. "You alright Bucky?" I asked and sat next to him. He didn't look up, only slightly nodded. I lightly nodded back. "If you need anything you can always talk to me, okay?" I lightly smiled. He lightly smiled back. I got up and began walking away.

"Hey Y/N?" I heard his broken voice. I spun around to face him, "Could I ask you something?"

"Of course," I said and sat back down next to him.

"Why-" He began, stopping as if scared to continue, "Why are you so kind to me?" There were a few moments of silence.

"I um-" I began, "I know you've been through a lot. And I have too. So I understand at least a little of what it feels like to be alone."

"But wasn't I the one who caused you all that?"

"No," I stated clearly, "That was the Winter Soldier, not Bucky Barnes." I lightly smiled.

"But it was still me."

"Bucky," I began calmly, "You didn't choose any bit of this. You didn't choose to have the arm, to go through all you did. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through. But I know enough to at least understand I would never be strong enough to go through what you went through. And it's even harder when people don't listen to you, I've been there and I understand the feeling." I put my hand on his flesh arm lightly as I began to see tears brew in his eyes.

"We're here." Steve came from the front.

"You can do this Bucky." I smiled as we got up.

We were lead in where Bucky went under. Shortly after Steve and I went back to the Quinjet and flew our way home. It was still tedious between us. "I'm glad you and Bucky talked." Steve brought up. I nodded.

"I'm glad we did too." I sighed.

"I um-" he began, "I wanted to thank you. For being here for Bucky and me."

"Don't worry about it," I sighed, "You're my boyfriend and Bucky deserves some love." Steve lightly smiled.

"I know you talking to him meant a lot." I nodded.

"He needed some human to human interaction. He's going to be asleep for we don't know long." Steve nodded. "I know you miss him," I said and grabbed his hand.

"It's alright." He said and lightly smiled, "We'll get through it."

"So where to now?" I asked after a few moments.

"I don't know," He sighed. "We've gotta pick up Nat and Sam, then we're off to fight some crime I guess." I lightly smiled.

"And to fix up those bruises." I lightly touched where they were and that was enough to make him flinch. I ran back to grab some ice and put the Quinjet on auto. I had him sit next to me as I placed the bag on the bruises lightly. "If this happens again," I began, "I'm beating both your and Tony's ass." he lightly chuckled.

"Yes, Ma'am."