The Set Up (S.R.)

(A/N: I rarely do stories based off songs, but with this story I do have a song to go with it: Candy by Doja Cat. Yes I know, it's by Doja Cat, but if you listen to the lyrics it'll all make sense with the story.)

Supposedly, there was nothing going on between Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter. But I knew there was more, at least from Sharon's point of view.

Me and her had always had this hatred towards each other, since both of us were SHIELD interns. She was... well... able to get to where she got because of her last name and other things. I, however, took the real way to victory and managed to climb my way up to the Avengers, not Agent 13.

I hold my pride on a basis of knowledge and skill. I don't find myself smart (although at SHIELD I was known as there smart agent) and my skills are pretty solid. That's how I made it to the Avengers.

Tony was throwing another party tonight. No one knew what he was celebrating, but when you're the Tony Stark you don't really need a reason to party. All of the Avengers were more or less obligated to attend.

Nat and Wanda were both aware that I was not they jealous type, I was the show off type. What does that mean? Simple: When I get a little bit jealous, I never directly confront the other party causing this feeling. I simply present myself better, to prove I'm better. That definitely made me sound like a mean girl, but I'm not. I promise. Unless you're Sharon Carter.

"Perfect." Nat and Wanda said in tandem as I stood in the mirror. I had on a little (very little) black dress.

"Are- are you sure?" I asked, my mind picking out every imperfection about this outfit and my body it could find.

"One hundred percent." Nat reiterated.

"You look gorgeous!" Wanda said practically bouncing off the walls with excitement.

"Fine." I gave in. "Ready?" I asked them.

"Before we go," Nat began, "Bucky's in on this." She said and smirked.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"He's not to thrilled about Sharon either." She clarified, "He said he would much rather have you with Steve than the little liar he's with."

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, sorry still painted across my face.

"Well would you look at that!" Nat said, looking at her wrist which had no watch on it, "It's time to go!"

"Nat-" I began.

"C'mon girlie." Wanda said and grabbed my wrist, dragging me out.

The living room was blaring with music as we entered. "Let's go find Buck." Nat said and dragged my hand. At the bar, Bucky was sitting with an open seat next to him. He smiled when he saw Nat and I.

"Just act normal." He said as Nat led me to sit next to him.

"What's going on?" I asked him. He looked over my shoulder, resulting in my begging to turn mine to see what he was looking at.

"Don't look back." He told me.

"You know that saying that makes me want to look behind me?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"Nat and Wanda warned me you'd be sassy."

"That was mean." I told him and he innocently smiled, "What's going on?" I asked him again.

"We're making Steve jealous." He smirked.

"What-"