Birthday (C.E.)

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" Chris asked next to me in bed as I scrolled through my phone casually.

"I really just want something low key, like really relaxing," I said, "Honestly I'm perfectly happy with a night in."

"You know I can't just do that baby," He said and drug me into him, cuddling with me, "I have to do something more for my girl."

"That's really sweet Chris," I smiled and rubbed his beard with my hand, "But trust me, I'm more than happy with you and pizza on my birthday."

"Whatever you say, darling," he said and rolled back over.

-1 week later-

My birthday had already started out great. I woke up to find Chris making breakfast, went off to work, and got back. "Chris I'm home!" I called out and slipped off my shoes, "Chris?" I asked again, no response, "Babe?" No response again.

I wandered through the house, no sign of Chris. I did find Dodger, however, who always greeted me happily. Then I found a card on my nightstand.

Dear Y/N,
       Happy birthday my dear. This is where your birthday fun truly begins. A driver will be outside for you at 7 pm, dress appropriately. I would suggest that a blue cocktail dress, shows your curves in all the right places ;).
       Love, Chris

I smirked as I held the card. What is this man up to? I didn't even bother texting him, I knew he wouldn't give in. So I changed into the blue dress, changed into a new pair of heels, and redid my makeup slightly to match my new dress along with my hair.

Just like Chris said, the driver was at his house to pick me up at 7. There we were lead through LA traffic (which took about half an hour) to a small restaurant, one of our favorites.

I walked in through the back door (we typically did due to paparazzi), and was greeted by balloons everywhere. I was in awe. As I turned a corner everyone popped out. "Surprise!" They all shouted.

I was obviously taken aback, I almost screamed, to be honest, but Chris came up and gave me a hug and kiss. "Happy birthday." He smiled.

"Chris," I began, "This is so incredible."

"I know you said low key but I thought a dinner party would be good enough."

"It's perfect." I smiled. Chris invited all his close friends and all my close friends, and the night had just started wonderfully. Drinks were going around, laughter erupted every few minutes, and it was just incredible.

Right after dinner, everyone insisted on me doing a speech, so I did. "Well," I began, "I would like to thank all of you for coming. You guys are literally the best people anyone could aks to be friends with." They all awed, "But I would also like to thank the best boyfriend on the planet, Christopher Robert Evans, for planning this, because this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me." Everyone began clapping as I sat back down, Chris giving me a quick kiss. 

"I love you." He said and smiled.

"I love you too," I responded and took another swig on my drink. Then the cake came which was honestly so good, it was vanilla with a strawberry filling.

"Presents!" One of Chris's friends, John announced. The presents one by one got passed to me one by one.

I got a beautiful necklace with my initial on it from a few of my friends, a locket with Dodger in it from a few of Chris's friends, and one of those Ransom Drysdale sweaters from a few more friends as an inside joke (I will still wear it though). Then it was Chris' turn.

"Well," he sighed and got something out of his pocket. "Guess it's my turn." he got out of his chair and next to mine, getting on one knee. I stared at him as everyone gasped, a few getting out their phones. "Y/F/N Y/M/N Y/L/N," He began, "You are one of the most incredible women I've ever met in my life. I love everything about you from your personality to your laugh to your smile and," He stopped, "Well, fuck it. Will you marry me?" I couldn't even breathe.

"Y-yes, of course, I will." I smiled as I felt some tears come on. Everyone cheered as he slid the beautiful diamond ring onto my finger before getting up and deeply kissing me. I was still so overwhelmed that once everyone began leaving, I couldn't keep my focus on saying goodbye.

So once everyone was gone, and Chris and I got in the car. I finally let out the biggest smile, "That was the best birthday ever." I said and sighed, "I can't explain how happy I am."

"I'm glad sweetheart," he said and grabbed my hand, "And we're getting married."

"I know," I said, "It's kinda crazy."